• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Successful friends

It is hard when your long time friends move on. Especially because we are no longer in the same class. They got a job, salary, money, status, car, house and family. And what do we have ? We are just parasites trying to leech them. We do not do that, but they think of us so lowly.

The fact is we are much superior to them. If not for the special circumstances we are in, we would have been a much more successful than they are.

Change is inevitable in life, and sadly, for those who don't understand what it is to struggle, it can be very easy to 'let go' of those that they don't necessarily relate to anymore. It's unfortunate, but you move on and you find new paths yourself. It's a part of the human experience, and hopefully it makes us better people.

It certainly is hard but also a part of life as @PGen98 mentioned. I had a great circle of friends about five years ago and we always went out, had fun and enjoyed each others company. Sadly, things changed, they got jobs all over the place and that friendship just fizzled away. The only high point of that was that it solidified my friendship with one person and we're now best friends. Certainly something I wasn't prepared for growing up though but now, I recognize it's just normal.

It certainly is hard but also a part of life as @PGen98 mentioned. I had a great circle of friends about five years ago and we always went out, had fun and enjoyed each others company. Sadly, things changed, they got jobs all over the place and that friendship just fizzled away. The only high point of that was that it solidified my friendship with one person and we're now best friends. Certainly something I wasn't prepared for growing up though but now, I recognize it's just normal.
That's fantastic that you managed to find a best friend throughout that. It's hard to lose friends because of life, particularly when you're not expecting it to happen, but knowing there's someone there that you can goto, that you know will still be there, that's an amazing thing to have!

That's fantastic that you managed to find a best friend throughout that. It's hard to lose friends because of life, particularly when you're not expecting it to happen, but knowing there's someone there that you can goto, that you know will still be there, that's an amazing thing to have!
To be honest it was the person I was least expecting to become friends with as well haha. We were both part of the same circle throughout and after school as above but due to the personal reasons that everyone split we just seemed to hit it off. We have weekly gaming sessions now, meet up when we can and he's the best man at my wedding next month. It's lovely to think that something that was so negative at the time has turned into a positive.

To be honest it was the person I was least expecting to become friends with as well haha. We were both part of the same circle throughout and after school as above but due to the personal reasons that everyone split we just seemed to hit it off. We have weekly gaming sessions now, meet up when we can and he's the best man at my wedding next month. It's lovely to think that something that was so negative at the time has turned into a positive.
That's fantastic! Managing to bond through the shared experience of everyone else leaving for life reasons, and then finding out he's actually a good friend is pretty great. That's also incredible that he's going to be your best man! From vague acquaintances to best man, that's saying something about him as a person, I'd say!

(and congrats on the wedding next month:))

They sound like fake friends to me anyways.

True. There are many people who make use of others and do not offer decent courtesy or manners when they are of no use.

If they were real friends money wouldn't matter.

Agree. Not the ones we should have around

Sadly, things changed, they got jobs all over the place and that friendship just fizzled away.

You know, I always thought money plays a big role in relationships, all sort of them.