• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Potato chowder

Potato chowder

I love potato soup. Husband says it is my Irish coming out. Got this recipe from a friend for potato chowder. Have changed it a bit for my tastes.

One package of box scalloped potatoes - can be cheesy, or whatever you like best.

One cup of diced ham. I like a bit more.

Four cups chicken broth.

One or two stalks of diced celery.

One diced onion - whatever size you like.

1/8 teaspoon pepper

2 cups half and half

1/3 cup flour

Mix potatoes, sauce mix, ham, broth, celery, onion, pepper in crock pot. Cover and cook on low heat 7 hours. Mix half and half with the flour, gradually

stir flour mixture into chowder until blended. Cover and cook on low one more hour stirring occasionally until thick.

I think this is too thick, so use the big can of chicken broth, maybe 42 ounces - not sure on that. And instead of half and half, I use regular milk, 2

% at our house.

Love it! Usually fix muffins, or garlic bread, or some kind of bread with it, whatever suits your fancy and time that day. - Flint, Michigan

Source:

New/Most Popular Links | FlyLady.net