• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Is age a factor

A lot of people are not good at dealing with society. They are afraid that people take them lightly, shout at them or worse attack them for reason no one knows.

But the same person will be very much different when they are on their own and lives long enough to understand the almost every other person is as normal and harmless as they are. Society has some bad elements, but there are so many decent people too.

I'm not trying to sound pretentious or 'worldly' when I say this - but I honesty think it was travelling and not aging that bought me around to the idea of people are generally nice all over the world. I used travel as a chance to push my own boundaries around both my autism and anxiety and each time I've gone somewhere, I like to think I've learnt from it. I've had amazing interactions on the streets of Milan with a Dutch man who offered me food/water on a particularly hot day, I've had a Danish couple offer me a lift to the airport to catch my flight after a public transport strike I was unaware off and I've had multiple people want to take pictures with me as I'm English in various other countries. I used to be rubbish, absolutely rubbish with interaction and travelling has truly helped me get out of the so called comfort zone back home (where I can choose not to interact) and it forces me to.

Travelling helps. That is very correct. But when we are 25+, things are different. 25 is a man age. Everyone will treat you with seriousness. And that is certainly going to help our self-confidence.

follow your gut instinct when it comes to people.

Agree 100 %. A human is a very very intelligent being and can measure people at the other end, mostly

If they are sending off bad vibes to you get the hell away from them!

The best advice someone can get in this matter

I think age is a factor, generally due to social media and also because over time you gain so much more experience in life that it allows you to understand others and how the world perceives you.

I think age is one of the factors why you can't blend with society. When you are young, you are rebellious by nature and you go against society, against your family. However, as you grow old, you start learning, you start understanding, you start becoming comfortable.

I have seen kids, mid aged, old age all of the people getting the panic attack. And all of them seemed to have experienced the attack. I think age is not the factor but unless the person has come in terms with a lot of life issues. They tend to face the anxiety, panic attacks and even various anxiety issues.