• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Internet

Some pay a lot of money for the internet. Only because it is such a relief. We can keep our anonymity and still talk openly to people about our problems, sufferings, loneliness and about people who hurt us.

Imagine if we are bound to our neighbours who in most cases are very nice people (sarcasm). It would fun for others and a lot of pain for someone who did nothing wrong.

The internet really is a wonderful thing when used correctly. It can also be a hellish experience if you somehow navigate yourself to some dark corner of the web best avoided.

The internet really is a wonderful thing when used correctly. It can also be a hellish experience if you somehow navigate yourself to some dark corner of the web best avoided.
You have to be wise enough to stay away from that crap @mist ! 😄

I know what you mean though. There is absolute evil on the net, just as there is in the world.

All those 8K videos on wonderful places give a unique experience. Much better than visiting a place in real. I admit that it doesn't give the feel of pleasant air against our face, but it gives the next best thing.

I have travelled all around the world through YouTube. A TV with a nice panel can help us get a lot from YouTube alone.

Agreed, I do jogging videos in 4K on YouTube and get to jog everywhere from a German forest to an Italian mountain range.

The biggest factor when streaming 4K content via YouTube in my opinion is processor speed. I’m on a 60mb line but I always allow the video to buffer ahead a few minutes in advance to account for speed fluctuations.

If I find a really good video, I will download it in 4K resolution and play it back on my TV via an external drive.

My PC is hooked up to my main TV anyway.

Also, 1080p is sometimes perfectly fine, it all depends on the destination.

There is some mode of wireless too. But we will need a costly TV and something else. Possibly the PC needs to be strong enough. It will take enough power to process such high-quality content.

I tried a 2K image last day and dealing with it was tough.

The internet is a double edged sword. It's done wonders for people but at the same point can be awful and devastating. It's hard to believe it's been around for nearly half a century already.