• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Depression Fixed w/Correct Thyroid Support

My long clinical depression episode. Started in 1991 and finally got HELP in 2002.

Struggled for about 11 yrs with clinical depression, I was 53 and gone thru Menopause.

Went from doctor to doctor, endo types and internal medicine and no, kept being told my labs are good. Hit with many anti depressants and just not satisfied with what was going on. Talked to my long time D.O. who worked on my back, and he knew right away, called into pharmacy for Armour thyroid support, no labs, nadda, and within 4 days depression lifted. What a miracle man he was. He was an old time doctor who worked with patients before labs were in existence...in his schooling, docs went by Symptoms and started patients on low dose Armour and went from there. Armour was a Standard before pharma got involved with their Synthroid, Levo, etc.

Labs do not tell all, and if one can somehow get to work with a D.O. they may get help they are needing.

Now situational depression can affect many of us and in my life, they were situational and eventually got worked out.

Thyroid is so critical in many health benefits, thyroid a huge one. Getting GOOD RESTORATIVE Sleep is another huge one.

Now

I have read that desiccated thyroid meds like Armor help a lot of people but it's not for everyone. I'm glad that you were able to get it all sorted out and it was as simple as a medicine change. The thyroid controls so many parts of the body that it's crazy to even think about. I had my thyroid removed due to cancer and almost panic at the thought of not getting my medicine in time because of how it's necessary for life.

Just know this too, all the public waters that are fluoridated,. this chemical does havoc on our thyroids...So much out there doing damage to people, thanks to Govt.

Just know this too, all the public waters that are fluoridated,. this chemical does havoc on our thyroids...So much out there doing damage to people, thanks to Govt.

That's true! The dentist I go to now doesn't give fluoride but my previous dentist made sure I got a treatment at least once a year. I have well water so my water doesn't contain any fluoride but bottled waters might.

Also, when you get x-rays make sure they cover your neck! Mine never was covered at my previous dentist's office. I had thyroid cancer and there is no way of knowing why I got it.

Well waters contain naturally occurring fluoride from the atmosphere.

I refuse all xrays starting about 11 yrs ago.

Grape Seed Extract have kept my gums healthy since starting on Grape Seed Ex 26 yrs ago. My great new toothpaste is Coconut Oil based and I buy mine from NOW. I used to make my own but too much trouble and found the great NOW product. Dentists don't see me now. And I've cleaned up the Sugars.

Did you not do anything for 11 years? I am asking because I feel depressed and I am not doing anything about it. Should I?

Did you not do anything for 11 years? I am asking because I feel depressed and I am not doing anything about it. Should I?

I was NOT so depressed that I could not work, I worked all thru it...but knew I was not right. Should you do something???? Of course you should, unless you want to stay depressed..... how about starting with thyroid...

I was NOT so depressed that I could not work, I worked all thru it...but knew I was not right. Should you do something???? Of course you should, unless you want to stay depressed..... how about starting with thyroid...
Not sure if I can't find it here. I got to the point once for a few months where I couldn't work anything, just drinking and that's it. I am trying to figure out a good professional to give me some meds as I am struggling a lot but it's very looked down upon here, and people just seem to not care about mental health. Can't blame the older generations, heck even I went through war as a kid, but still, gotta soften up sometimes.

Its pleasing it indeed to learn from your story how you battled with clinical depression for eleven (11) years. That's a long long one, but at last you got revived by an old and experienced doctor. In my own case, I never battled serious depression, when I notice symptoms of it, I go do exercise, or take some rest, it doesn't stay long after taking those steps.

I perfectly understand how you feel. My father suffered from clinical depression for 10 years. It was hard for him, however, it was also hard for his kids and spouse. Do you know what helped him? Well, yoga and meditation really helped my father overcome depression.

For me I worked and did my life but sought to get "fixed" and I did and it was thyroid that needed support. Many go around needing help and don't get it...we are NOT numbers and t hat's what the docs go by numbers......it's symptoms and the old school doctors knew....