• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

CP Indian Curry

CP Indian Curry

Happy Wednesday, Slow Cookerers!

I hope your week is off to a good start.

I wanted to share a recipe that I was given by Rachael Ray when I first appeared on her show back in 2008.

I had shared in one of the phone calls with her producers that I was having a difficult time making a GOOD Indian curry recipe.

Our family really loves ordering Indian food about once a month and I wanted a copycat recipe I could make at home.

So Rachael's culinary team developed one for me to put on the website.

It's delicious.

There are a bit more ingredients than I normally like to use, but the flavors are fantastic and it's definitely worth the bit more effort.

Indian Curry

serves 6 or so

1 (13.5 -ounce) can of coconut milk (with the cream on top)

1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

4-6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken thighs

1 tablespoon tomato paste

2 tablespoons curry powder (not a typo, it's a lot, but it's good. Curry isn't spicy, just flavorful)

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 inch peeled and grated ginger

2-4 few dashes of hot sauce (I used Tabasco)

1 yellow onion. chopped

2 or 3 cloves of smashed and chopped garlic

1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped

1/2 of an eggplant, chopped (I didn't peel)

1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker.

Assemble all of your spices, coconut milk, tabasco sauce, and tomato paste.

Combine the sauce ingredients in the bottom of your crockpot. The sauce will be a lovely yellow.

Add the chicken, flipping it over a few times to coat it nicely. Pour in the garbanzo beans.

Wash and chop all of the vegetables, and then add to the Crock-Pot.

Don't worry about stirring them in the sauce. Let them sit on top of the chicken and steam away.

CP Indian Curry

Happy Wednesday, Slow Cookerers!

I hope your week is off to a good start.

I wanted to share a recipe that I was given by Rachael Ray when I first appeared on her show back in 2008.

I had shared in one of the phone calls with her producers that I was having a difficult time making a GOOD Indian curry recipe.

Our family really loves ordering Indian food about once a month and I wanted a copycat recipe I could make at home.

So Rachael's culinary team developed one for me to put on the website.

It's delicious.

There are a bit more ingredients than I normally like to use, but the flavors are fantastic and it's definitely worth the bit more effort.

Indian Curry

serves 6 or so

1 (13.5 -ounce) can of coconut milk (with the cream on top)

1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed

4-6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken thighs

1 tablespoon tomato paste

2 tablespoons curry powder (not a typo, it's a lot, but it's good. Curry isn't spicy, just flavorful)

1 teaspoon ground coriander

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1 inch peeled and grated ginger

2-4 few dashes of hot sauce (I used Tabasco)

1 yellow onion. chopped

2 or 3 cloves of smashed and chopped garlic

1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped

1/2 of an eggplant, chopped (I didn't peel)

1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped

The Directions.

Use a 6-quart slow cooker.

Assemble all of your spices, coconut milk, tabasco sauce, and tomato paste.

Combine the sauce ingredients in the bottom of your crockpot. The sauce will be a lovely yellow.

Add the chicken, flipping it over a few times to coat it nicely. Pour in the garbanzo beans.

Wash and chop all of the vegetables, and then add to the Crock-Pot.

Don't worry about stirring them in the sauce. Let them sit on top of the chicken and steam away.

Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. I cooked our dinner on high for almost 6 hours.

The chicken was fully cooked, but still had shape, and the vegetables were soft and quite nice.

Stir carefully to mix flavors. If you stir too rough, the sweet potato will fall apart.

Serve over rice; I used brown.

if you want to keep this lower in carbs serve over cauliflower rice or florets.

Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. I cooked our dinner on high for almost 6 hours.

The chicken was fully cooked, but still had shape, and the vegetables were soft and quite nice.

Stir carefully to mix flavors. If you stir too rough, the sweet potato will fall apart.

Serve over rice; I used brown.

if you want to keep this lower in carbs serve over cauliflower rice or florets.