• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

CP Fried Rice

CP Fried Rice

Hello there, Slow Cookerers!!

One of the (awesome) side effects of using your slow cooker a lot is the leftovers.

Sometimes there just isn't enough of any one dish to feed the entire family again.

I really like whipping together fried rice on the weekends.

It's pure comfort food, and since I throw it all in the crockpot, there's no need to be home at 5 or 6 pm on a busy Saturday to get dinner ready.

The best part is that when I KNOW dinner is already cooked, we save a lot of money by not eating out while out and about running errands.

The Ingredients:

serves 4-6

2 cups leftover rice/quinoa (brown rice, etc. totally fine to use)

3 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons soy sauce (LaChoy is gluten free)

2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce (Lea Perrins in US is gluten free)

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or 1/8 tsp iodized)

1/2 diced yellow onion

1 cup of whatever frozen or fresh vegetables you have on hand. (I had a bit of asparagus, some carrots and peas)

2 cups or so leftover meat, diced

1 egg

sesame seeds for garnish (optional)

The Directions.

Plop everything on in there together.

Mix it around, and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 3-4. You are only heating everything up and cooking the egg.

Serve in a bowl with a drizzle of soy sauce and eat it on the couch.