• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

CP Dry Rub Ribs with Baked Apple Chutney

CP Dry Rub Ribs with Baked Apple Chutney

Howdy, Slow-Cookerers!

I hope your week is going well! This is a fantastic fall spiced rib recipe --

I think you'll really enjoy it. I get a lot of questions about cooking with water or liquid ---

this recipe doesn't ask for cooking liquid. I know that the "old school" method of crockpotting asked that you add 1 cup of liquid per pound of meat.

This is not necessary.

;-)

The new pots on the market all seal really well while they are in use and your meat will cook nicely in it's own juices -- which is fantastic because you won't end up with soggy or water-logged meat.

And nobody wants that!!

And here is the recipe --- enjoy!!

Dry Rub Ribs with Baked Apple Chutney

serves 4

1 rack baby ribs (approx 3 pounds)

1 tablespoon ground nutmeg

1 tablespoon paprika

1 tablespoon ground ginger

1 tablespoon kosher salt

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper

4 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and diced

Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Place the ribs into the insert (you may need to cut them in half to get them to fit nicely).

In a small mixing bowl, combine the nutmeg, paprika, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Rub this spice blend evenly over all sides of the ribs.

Dump the apple on top.

Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours. Serve the ribs with a spoonful of cooked apple on top.

The Verdict.

Baked apples and ribs are a natural pairing, and this recipe combines two favorites in one pot.

Rib purists will find the pork is beautifully seasoned without needing additional sauce.

But it's up to you -- if you feel like sauce is needed, feel free to dip with your favorite bbq sauce.

HEY STEPH, I don't like ribs. Can I use Pork Chops?

yup!

How about chicken thighs?

Fine with me! Just keep the poundage the same.

:-)