• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Posting Party Chit Chat Thread #2

Do you have any pets ? I never had one. Most of them are visitors. We give food because it is the right thing to do. Some of the visitors are too stray, but we still try to give food.

I am looking to use Linux. Which one do you recommend ?

How do you manage ? Are you in a big house ? One cat is more than enough when we think about it, especially indoor.

They say having a pet helps. Keeps our mind engaged. It is true, when we have someone to take care of, it shows.

Cats are pretty independent, they come to you when the want something. Keep up with good, water and the cat box snd they are happy.

Howdy sup there guys man! How are you today? Today, I've just had my usual weekly 3 hours therapy session both online and by phone. Tonight, just resting in bed before dozing off.

Are virtual meetings good enough ? Do they help ?

A lot of people are switching " Doctor Apps ", even for regular cold or headache. Doctors do not want personal visits either. Virtual consultation is easier and helpful for them. I believe economical too.

Are virtual meetings good enough ? Do they help ?

A lot of people are switching " Doctor Apps ", even for regular cold or headache. Doctors do not want personal visits either. Virtual consultation is easier and helpful for them. I believe economical too.
I believe there is a time and a place for such things, especially in a medical context. Things like colds and stuff, certainly swap that to virtual. Too many people used to flood my GP with very minor complaints like the sniffles/colds. Just stay at home, pop some painkillers and relax - if it persists, then yes go to the GP. I'm very happy with the way the world has gone thanks to COVID though. I can now work from home when I want, go into the office when I want and I can just call a virtual meeting from the comfort of my home office. It's awesome!

I can just call a virtual meeting from the comfort of my home office. It's awesome!
Everyone is loving it. The worst part is, you pay the power bill. And all those extra expenses now arise from your keeping home as an office.

But I am not complaining. Working from home is a million times better in most case. It is comfortable, helpful and very very convinient.

Hello afternoon all! This morning, I've just had a shower and a hair wash. The afternoon, just playing some games on my Switch before falling asleep tonight.

Does playing games help ? I used to play small games, which are not intensive in graphics or efforts. But it was causing excitement than comfort. It awakens you, keeps you full of energy and so on. But when we lose, it didn't go well. Feels bad and irritated. That feeling won't go away even if we know that is a silly game. Switched to music as a mode of relaxation.

Does playing games help ? I used to play small games, which are not intensive in graphics or efforts. But it was causing excitement than comfort. It awakens you, keeps you full of energy and so on. But when we lose, it didn't go well. Feels bad and irritated. That feeling won't go away even if we know that is a silly game. Switched to music as a mode of relaxation.
Yeah it does with ADHD especially for me anyways.

Everyone is loving it. The worst part is, you pay the power bill. And all those extra expenses now arise from your keeping home as an office.

But I am not complaining. Working from home is a million times better in most case. It is comfortable, helpful and very very convinient.
Thankfully (and I'm not usually a fan of the Government), here in the UK there is a tax allowance we can get that pays us an extra sum of money per week (into your paycheck) to offset the cost of working from home. For me, that sum is around £6 per week. My electric bill is about £30 (and was before the pandemic) so it's working out great for my bill haha.

Had a couple of days offline lastweek it was 1 year since I lost my Pete so was not in the mood for the internet.

Howdy sup there! How are you doing so far with your day? Today, just enjoying my usual Tv show before tucking myself in bed tonight.

Happy Friday all! How are you? Today, just playing some games on my phone before rocking myself to sleep tonight.

I was told not to keep my phone anywhere near I sleep. I see there is a point. Maybe more than one. Radiation for one.

I cannot stop myself from using Facebook and YouTube if my phone is around. So that will push my sleep by at least 30 minutes. Then some petty activities on phone, around 1 hour before I sleep. So I thought I will keep the phone on bed side table, away from my reach and then find myself enjoying my dreams.

Happy weekend all! How are you? Today, I've just had leftover pizza with lemon iced tea for lunch. Tonight, just playing some games on my Switch before lulling myself to sleep.