• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Cat Reunited With His Owners After 10 Years Missing.

A family from Hardwicke have been reunited with their beloved tomcat 'Dave' ten years after he went missing.

The playful and friendly ginger cat had been a frequent visitor to a home in Quedgeley for around a year, and it was when they became concerned at how frail he looked that they decided to take him to the vets to get him looked at.

Through them, they were able to track down his owner Simmone Davis, who was amazed to receive a letter telling her Dave had been found.

Without a second thought, the 42-year-old was in the car to collect her long lost feline, and by 1pm today (Saturday, March 13), he had settled back in as though he had never been away.

Simmone said: “I could not believe it to be fair. As soon as I read the letter I called the vets and confirmed he was mine and I went and got him.

“I worked as a animal nursing assistant and took Dave in about 11 years ago. I had him micro-chipped and neutered but the Tomcat in him was almost instinct still.

“We had him for about a year before he then went missing. I tried everything I could to find him, putting posters up and looking for him.

“When he never came back we just hoped he was being looked after and was safe.
“Not long ago I video called my son so we had a family reunion.
“We are having him tested now for his thyroid and that now as he is so frail, but all he needs is the cosy life with us at home.
"It goes to show you should always get your animals micro-chipped."

The man who decided to take Dave to the vets as he was concerned about the cat’s health is delighted at the news of the original cat owners being found.
Matt Simonds, 26 from Quedgeley said: “About a year ago Dave would come around and he really was so friendly and used to play with my cat.
“He was so healthy looking and friendly we did not know if he was a stray. We thought he belonged to someone.
“Last Tuesday he came round and we had not seen him for a bit before that. I gave him a fuss and all I could feel was bones and he had such bad fleas he felt like he had been rolling around in sand, the infestation was that bad.
“I spoke to my mother about him as I could not leave him like that and we agreed he needed to go to the vets.
“They were brilliant and did what they could for him. They asked me to get in touch with the RSPCA to see if they knew of a lost cat."

He added: “I was then asked to take him to another vets and when we were taking him, at first he was not able to meow. I don’t think he had used his voice for quite some time.
“Then he did meow and it was the sweetest little voice and he did not stop. Dave is so playful as well even though he is about 19 years old.

“He was in such lovely and good spirits considering his health. He is almost playful still like a kitten.
“I am so pleased he was able to get back to his home. I thought he may end up in re-homing system and be there for quite sometime because of how old and poorly he was.
“I found out on social media that Dave had been reunited with his owner. I was so happy to see this and I have had my doubts about social media in the past but this is definitely something good as I have been able to see him back with his owner.”

The man who decided to take Dave to the vets as he was concerned about the cat’s health is delighted at the news of the original cat owners being found.

Matt Simonds, 26 from Quedgeley said: “About a year ago Dave would come around and he really was so friendly and used to play with my cat.

“He was so healthy looking and friendly we did not know if he was a stray. We thought he belonged to someone.

“Last Tuesday he came round and we had not seen him for a bit before that. I gave him a fuss and all I could feel was bones and he had such bad fleas he felt like he had been rolling around in sand, the infestation was that bad.

“I spoke to my mother about him as I could not leave him like that and we agreed he needed to go to the vets.

“They were brilliant and did what they could for him. They asked me to get in touch with the RSPCA to see if they knew of a lost cat."

He added: “I was then asked to take him to another vets and when we were taking him, at first he was not able to meow. I don’t think he had used his voice for quite some time.

“Then he did meow and it was the sweetest little voice and he did not stop. Dave is so playful as well even though he is about 19 years old.

He was in such lovely and good spirits considering his health. He is almost playful still like a kitten.
“I am so pleased he was able to get back to his home. I thought he may end up in re-homing system and be there for quite sometime because of how old and poorly he was.
“I found out on social media that Dave had been reunited with his owner. I was so happy to see this and I have had my doubts about social media in the past but this is definitely something good as I have been able to see him back with his owner.”

Wow what a story. Reunited after 10 years is totally amazing.