• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Baby crow

I have a baby crow fallen out of the nest in my yard, (i think its a baby crow)

is it okay to leave it in my yard overnight? my yard is a safe place

I found where i think the nest is, i spotted the crow parents hanging around the old chimmney on the top of the roof and going in and out of it (the chimmney got blocked up before I moved here)

Usually the chicks are on the ground because they're learning to fly. The parents will guard them and still feed them until they make flight so you did good leaving it be.

They don't need us, they been handling their business for 100s of thousands of years lol

i didnt get too close to it once i was aware it was there, i just watched it from the doorway (after catching Tigger to stop her from deciding to see if baby birdie was a new playmate), to make sure it wasnt injured, checked this morning in daylight to see if it was still there and it wasnt :)

Crow's not tasty, cats won't mess with them.
you heard of the expression "look before you leap" i assume? Tigger does not grasp that concept, she will rush into a situation before thinking about it then regret it (I've had her since she was 2, she is 9 now)

Younger cat Willow does assess a situation before getting too close, she looked at the crow and didnt even think about seeing if it was a new toy, Tigger saw the movement and rushed out to see if baby crow was a toy

last time she rushed into a situation she ended up having to have her leg pinned back together at the vet - i'm not exaggerating, the other cat that she rushed at really beat the crap out of her and ripped her knee out of the socket - literally (her intention was to play)