• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Anger and Unforgiveness Work to Advance Cancers

I have a situation going on Now with a long long time friend, who has so much Hate in her soul for a politician we have in our country. She's also dealing with a cancer and I am thinking it may have come on when she began to hate this person. Very sad how holding on to Hate by so many out there..... Here is an informative link on anger, hate, unforgiveness and cancers.

Cancer absolutely has emotional roots. There is a ton of evidence suggesting that repressed anger, hate and resentment play a crucial role in the development of cancer. Increased stress hormones caused by emotional triggers suppress the immune system, which can lead to cancer.

When negative feelings are not expressed, they can can contribute to physical illness over time. Even the conservative Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that 85 percent of all diseases have an emotional element. Trapped or repressed negative feelings, such as anger, increase a person’s level of the stress hormones, which directly suppress the immune system. The health of your immune system is crucial in fighting cancer.

Research Findings​

A team of researchers at Stanford University in California found that women who repressed their emotions were more likely to show disruptions in the normal balance of the stress hormone cortisol, compared with those who did not. Earlier studies have shown that the unbalanced cortisol fluctuations can predict early death in women with breast cancer that has spread to other areas of the body.

“People who have repressive styles tend to be more prone to illness, particularly [immune-system related] diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, infections, and cancers. The concept is of unexpressed anger. If one doesn’t let it out, that could have adverse consequences.” ~University of California Los Angeles

The National Cancer Institute says that research with animal models suggests that “your body’s neuroendocrine response (release of hormones into your blood in response to stimulation of your nervous system) can directly alter important processes in cells that help protect against the formation of cancer, such as DNA repair and the regulation of cell growth.”

“Extreme suppression of anger was the most commonly identified characteristic of 160 breast cancer patients who were given a detailed psychological interview and self-administered questionnaire. Repressing anger magnified exposure to physiological stress, thereby increasing the risk of cancer.” ~Journal of Psychosomatic Research MORE in link.

I had 2 cancers and I'm probably the least angry person you'll ever meet. I am not high anxiety and am usually completely calm and happy.

Not all cancers have a known reason. I was told that because I eat sugar that I got cancer. That's not necessarily true either.

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's later in life and I have read that a lot of people who have Hashimoto's get thyroid cancer and that's one of the cancers I got.

I also had cancer under my tongue and I never smoked and don't drink. My oncologist believes it was because I had been around second hand smoke for years due to relatives smoking around me.

No sure answers on this disease. but in 1995 I was introduced to Grape Seed Extract, I was 57 and we were told MAY PREVENT CANCERS, I jumped on it and been taking it for going on 26 yrs. This antioxidant gives me comfort and good health.

There IS very good evidence supporting what's called the pygmalion effect - the self fulfilling prophesy. It's every bit as valid as the placebo effect.

The human mind is the most powerful weapon but it's a double edged sword. And it's by far the least understood physiological machine in humans. We haven't scratched the surface of its understanding.