• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Addicted to Forums!

I'm addicted to posting on message boards, blogs and social media. Addicted to online socializing. Anyone can relate?

I feel a bit the same way :P . But, yes - it's important to have other things in your life, so that it doesn't become all-consuming. For example, I'm trying to pay more attention to my railway modelling.

There are some days where I will post a lot on the forums I am on and that takes a chunk out of my day. I just really have to be in the mood to do that. I am addicted to forums but I am gaming most of the time so I am not letting it take over my whole life.

I got through phases when I'll be really active sometimes and then will not go on forums at all for a while.

I think if a forum is really active it's very easy to get sucked in.

Forum dwelling has become part of my 'me time' I tend to feel antsy when I'm unable to take a little time to escape into the virtual world of forums.

I post on forums, I publish on article sites, I work on my own forum, I publish on my own blogs. I spend 8-10 hours every day online. But I won't call this addiction, this is my job. I am a full-time online worker.

I do enjoy posting on varieties of forums, it simply a pleasure to meet people from different countries coming together to share worthwhile conversations. It isn't possible that way for me to get real people from social medias that is helpful.

Apsrt from that, I enjoy writing, I can cover up large number of forum posts a day, create 1-2 articles everyday, complete other mom related forum gigs online.