• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

2 Airline CEO's Question Mask Mandates (American and Southwest)

It's way about Time. I never had a fear of NOT wearing Masks. Masks are all part of the Plan, New World Order. I may post more on the Plan later.

CEOs of two major airlines spoke out and questioned the necessity of masks on flights, CNN reported.

American Airlines CEO Doug Parker and Southwest CEO Gary Kelly both made related remarks during a Wednesday Senate hearing on the financial support the airline industry has received amid the ongoing pandemic.

Masks are required on all American airliners per order of the federal government.

What are the details?​

Both Parker and Kelly said that they don’t believe masks make much difference when it comes to tamping down the transmission of COVID-19 and that advanced air filtration systems on airliners make them one of the safest places to be with regard to coronavirus infections.

The remarks were spurred by a question posed by Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.) during the hearing.

Wicker, ranking Republican on the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, asked whether the company CEOs believed that masks ought to be mandated on airliners.

Kelly answered, “I think the case is very strong that masks don’t add much, if anything, in the air cabin environment. It is very safe and very high quality compared to any other indoor setting.”

Parker added, “I concur. An aircraft is the safest place you can be. It’s true of all of our aircraft — they all have the same HEPA filters and air flow.”

Sara Nelson, president of the Association of Flight Attendants, begged to differ and insisted that not all planes are equipped with the same air filtration systems.

“It is important to recognize that the safe, controlled environment on planes … includes the HEPA filters that are not on all aircraft,” she said.

Both Parker and Kelly previously announced that they are retiring from their respective positions at the companies in 2022.

Anything else to know?​

A study released in October from Harvard University’s school of public health concluded that there is a low risk of COVID-19 transmission on flights.

A portion of the report states, “With its focus on considerations aboard the aircraft, the phase one gate-to-gate report found that, through a layered approach to risk mitigation, the scientific evidence shows a low risk of SARS-COV-2 transmission on aircraft. The report provides evidence that it is possible to leverage technology and modify behavior to allow some near-normal activity while reducing the risks of disease transmission during the COVID-19 crisis.”

The report continues, “Analysis from the report shows that ventilation of air on aircraft reduces the possibility of exposure to COVID-19, lower than other common settings, such as a grocery store or indoor restaurant. This effectively counters the proximity travelers are subject to during flights. Because of the frequent exchange of air and HEPA filters on planes, over 99% of the particles containing the virus are removed from cabin air.”

It's been 2 years now so there should be data to tell us more about masks, social distancing, etc...so why aren't we really hearing much about that data except little pieces here and there?

The basic cloth masks only protect about 10-12% according to one study I read about.

I just read that Fauci thinks that masks should be continued to be worn...forever. I don't understand men like that who refuse to give any hope.