• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

No Bake Haystack Cookies

No Bake Haystack Cookies

These Haystack Cookies are made with butterscotch, peanut butter, chocolate and chow mein noodles for an easy no-bake treat that's ready in about 10 minutes!

Course Cookies

Cuisine American

Keyword haystack cookies, no bake cookies

Prep Time 10 minutes

Chilling Time 30 minutes

Total Time 40 minutes

Servings

undefined

haystacks

Calories 107 kcal

Author Blair

Ingredients

list of 5 items

1 cup butterscotch chips

1/4 cup chocolate chips

1 Tablespoon peanut butter

1 ½ heaping cups chow mein noodles

Optional garnish: sprinkles

list end

Instructions

list of 4 items

1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and set aside.

2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and peanut butter. Microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until the

mixture is just melted. Add noodles and mix well.

3. Drop the batter by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Add sprinkles on top, if desired. Refrigerate until set, approximately 30 minutes.

4. Store in airtight container to maintain crunch.

list end

Recipe Notes

How to Store Haystack Cookies:

You can definitely keep the Haystack Cookies in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for at least 1 week. They're definitely very hard when refrigerated;

however, so my family prefers to leave them in an airtight container at room temperature. Trust me...a batch doesn't last long!

Can Haystack Cookies be Frozen?

Yes! If you want to prep a batch of these cookies far in advance (hello, Christmas cookies!!!), you can place the cooled, hardened cookies in a Ziploc

bag and freeze them for at least 1-2 months.

Recipe Variations:

list of 4 items

• I make my Haystack Cookies with peanut butter, but you can replace the peanut butter with an equal amount of almond butter or other nut butter of choice.

• These Haystack Cookies have no coconut, but they do included chow mein noodles. If you'd like to add a touch of coconut, I suggest replacing some of

the chow mein noodles (not all of them) with a bit of shredded coconut instead.

• This recipe calls for both chocolate and butterscotch; however, you can make Chocolate Haystack Cookies by using 1 1/4 cups of chocolate chips and omitting

the butterscotch. Alternatively, you can make Butterscotch Haystack Cookies by using 1 1/4 cups of butterscotch chips (and no chocolate). Heck, you could

even sub out the butterscotch and the chocolate and replace them with white chocolate chips. Those would be snowy haystacks?!

• This recipe yields a small batch (about 12 haystacks). If you want to have more haystack cookies to enjoy, I suggest doubling or tripling the recipe.

list end

Nutrition Facts

No Bake Haystack Cookies

Amount Per Serving (1 haystack cookie)

Calories 107 Calories from Fat 27

% Daily Value*

Fat 3g5%

Saturated Fat 1g6%

Cholesterol 1mg0%

Sodium 111mg5%

Potassium 15mg0%

Carbohydrates 19g6%

Sugar 13g14%

Protein 1g2%

Vitamin A 25IU1%

Calcium 5mg1%

Iron 0.3mg2%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

From the seasoned mom