• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Irish Cream In The CP

Irish Cream In The CP

Hello there and Happy Tuesday, Slow Cookerers!!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. The kids were off school so we stretched it into a bit of a long weekend ---

we didn't leave town, but instead rode bikes and hiked and gardened.

St. Patrick's day is tomorrow and a few of you have written to me that the sodium in corned beef is just too much --- but you'd still like to celebrate in some small way.

No problem.

Make Irish Cream Coffee at home!

Irish Cream is a fun adult drink that you can make a big batch of (or small, if you'd like!) to serve to your very best friends.

We are given a bottle of Bailey's every Christmas and I have a hard time using it up before the next one arrives the following year ---

this is a great use! :-)

serves 4 in this quantity; can easily be doubled or tripled

3 cups strong black coffee

1/4 cup Irish Cream Liqueur* (unless you're feistier than I am and want to add more!)

1/3 cup heavy whipping cream

1 tablespoon cocoa powder

4 tablespoons sweetened whipped cream (the stuff in the can, or make your own)

The Directions.

Use a 2-quart slow cooker for this one, or double everything for a 4-quart (might be a fun idea for bunco or scrapbooking night).

Combine the coffee and Irish cream in your slow cooker.

Stir in the whipping cream and cocoa powder.

Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until the liquid is as hot as you like your coffee to be.

Serve in mugs with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.

The Verdict.

OH MY GRACIOUSNESS. I really liked this!

The sweetened whipped cream is important---the coffee and the Irish Cream is too strong without a bit of sugar to cut it.

☘️ Thank you for your sweet emails back to me about the coronavirus reflection worksheet and email.

I think you are wonderful and I'm so happy you are here --- wherever you are. The internet can seem so large and vast and impersonal --- but then I get an email from YOU and it truly makes my day. ☘️

Have a very happy and wonderful day!

steph