• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do you feel like natural methods are better treatment for mental illness?

I think doctors overmedicate. In fact, I wonder if sometimes people need medicine at all. I think there are other ways to help people. I mean, for one thing, why not get to the root of the problem - as in say, if someone is angry, then find out why they're angry and fix it.

Of course, doctors like medicine - cause it's more money for the medical industry.

I do all I can to avoid western medical medicine. As for mental health, I don't know my mental is good. I know on another group some members wear their bipolar dx like a gold medal. They can't stop blaming their lives on bipolar.

I think doctors overmedicate.
We live in a small town with a few doctor's that do just that, they rush people in and out of there within 10 minutes without really looking to see what's happening with the person but you see just about all of them walking out with a prescription in hand, looking into it further these doctors get paid by the visit and an extra bonus if there do any refers.

Do the math If the clinic is open daily from 5 pm to 9 pm and pushes through 80 people.

The system is broken.

We live in a small town with a few doctor's that do just that, they rush people in and out of there within 10 minutes without really looking to see what's happening with the person but you see just about all of them walking out with a prescription in hand, looking into it further these doctors get paid by the visit and an extra bonus if there do any refers.

Do the math If the clinic is open daily from 5 pm to 9 pm and pushes through 80 people.

The system is broken.

As long as Big Pharma controls, it will stay broken. People need to use their fingers and find help for themselves. There is so much one can achieve on their own.

Have an issue, use Dr Google, he's free of charge and then make some decisions on where to go with his suggestions. I've been doing this for over 30 yrs...

I think prescribed medication can certainly help with mental health problems and it has definitely helped me relatively recently, although I've managed to come off all the medication now.

Other forms of therapy can help too. I've tried quite a few of them. I think for me counselling was the most helpful.

Sometimes (from my experience) you also just need time and there isn't much you can do in that situation other than just wait things out.

Talk therapy with the right therapist is critical and I used a MFC many years ago with mother/daughter issues in my life. And as I've said in another area, getting thyroid supported did a 1000% change for me.

I'm very cynical about a lot of mental medication. A lot of it just buzzes people up like beer, when you could get happy by exercising. In other cases, as with anti-psychotics, they just dope people up like a zombie.