• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Cat Fish?

Any good? My friend gave me a big bag of it the other day and I am going to fry it up today. I think I had some a long time ago and it was pretty good. I'll let you know how it tuns out later.

tenor.gif

Tried it once a long time ago, Cajun style - Blackened Catfish.
In New Orleans for a business trip, I of course wound up in a little dive on Bourbon Street. They had all you can eat catfish cooked any way you ask. Seven plates of it and many beers and hours later I was still there, eating the cajun blackened channel cat and enjoying the live creole-style jazz music.

There's a BIG difference between this fresh-caught catfish, expertly prepared, and anything you can get in a retail setting be it a chain restaurant or a grocery store.

I dined several times in a wonderful restaurant in Baton Rouge, Louisiana called Ralph & Kacoo's where I was introduced to some yummy Cajun & Creole dishes. I also had some tasty blackened Catfish in New Orleans in the French quarter.

Yes, it turned out pretty darn good! I have like 4 pieces left so I will put it back in the oven tomorrow and heat it back up for breakfast. Good protein!