• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Will You Get the Vaccine?

Will You Get the Vaccine

• Yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
I will take a vaccine if and when one is available, even if we're required to top it up every 3 months.

My view is that we don't just take vaccines to protect ourselves, we do it to protect those around us who are unable to vaccinate for health reasons e.g. allergy to the vaccine ingredients, weakened immune systems, undergoing treatments or have somehow reacted badly to vaccines in the past. I can't see any other way back to normality to be honest. Hopefully if enough people are vaccinated then numbers will start to fall worldwide.

It needs to be saved for the ones who really need it
Oh it will be - these things are always done in stages of priority. Like with the flu vaccine - anyone high risk e.g. those over 65, those with weak immune systems, those who are pregnant, those with conditions such as asthma, those who are carers for vulnerable people and frontline workers will all get priority. Once those groups have been satisfied, everyone else becomes eligible. I don't think there would ever be a situation where first-come-first-served was the process used, unless a company was profiting from it. :)

How did you go about getting the trial?
I signed up on the nhs website about Covid trials. You enter your details and then the research studies contact you direct. I’m also doing one on the effect for vit D.
I work in emergency services so am fairly exposed. My ex is petrified of it. A vaccine will improve her life. So it’s a no brained for me.