• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

What Movie(s) Scared You As a Child Or Now?

Nothing now scares me. Well ok, I don't like devil stuff.

As a kid ?
Night of the living dead, Dracula, and the mummy, Wolfman and Frankenstein

What scared me as a kid was The Wizard of Oz. I am deathly afraid of tornadoes because of that movie and even though the wicked witches were bad, I didn't want them dead. I was afraid of the Munchkins because they didn't give Dorothy her space and I was afraid of the lion. I liked the flying monkeys though!

If I were a kid today I'd be afraid of The Polar Express. I have watched it a few times and can't get over how creepy it is; everything from the eyes of the characters to the slow music when they're in the North Pole. Well, also the danger of the train!

I was really scared of Hocus Pocus (a Disney film :ROFLMAO:) as a kid. I've seen it again as an adult, as well as much scarier horror movies, as I really enjoy horror as a genre. I'm fine with it now, but it terrified me when I was 10!

What scared me as a kid was The Wizard of Oz. I am deathly afraid of tornadoes because of that movie and even though the wicked witches were bad, I didn't want them dead. I was afraid of the Munchkins because they didn't give Dorothy her space and I was afraid of the lion. I liked the flying monkeys though!

If I were a kid today I'd be afraid of The Polar Express. I have watched it a few times and can't get over how creepy it is; everything from the eyes of the characters to the slow music when they're in the North Pole. Well, also the danger of the train!
I think I know what you mean about the Polar Express. I actually really like the film, but can see how it could have a sinister undertone! That train alone is crazy!

I think I know what you mean about the Polar Express. I actually really like the film, but can see how it could have a sinister undertone! That train alone is crazy!

What's with the ghost guy who kept appearing around the train? What does he even represent? I always thought the train conductor was kind of mean even though he was supposed to be a softie on the inside. It just doesn't scream Christmas to me.

'Nightbook' is a horror movie, it's the one that scared me the most the very first time I watched it alone in my uncle's house as a teen.

I didn't really watch too many scary movies as a child. However, I would say what frightened me the most would be the ID channel, the TV show about true serial killers. For some reason, I still hate to watch those documentaries because it's so in-depth and my mind just doesn't register with what's being told. Even during the TV show, I constantly find myself looking over my shoulder even though no one is there.

Willy Wonka, the first one, creeped me out as a youngster - because the contestants seem to die. However, they don't really die. It's shown at the end. However, what kid's films show what seems to be death, lol?