• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Video Games Are Making Kids Commit Crimes

Recently, I read news where it said a kid in India stole his mother's Credit Card and made in-game purchase worth $1000. In another news, a kid killed his sister and mother believing that they are not dying for real just like his fellow gamers on PUBG
Do you think there is a danger in letting kids play shooting games?

Oh wow, that second example was really awful.

From what I've seen is that it doesn't cause kids to commit crimes, but they become immune to the violence in some of them. I've noticed over the years that the realism of the blood and gore has improved so much that it turns my stomach to watch any. If blood and gore is the norm in some of the violent games, then they aren't shocked when things like that happen in real life.

It's definitely not the video games causing this, the media has been blaming them for violence for decades now. I've been playing video games since I was 4, and I was even allowed to play violent games too when I was ten. The reason being so is because I knew that they were fake, and my parents also knew that I knew it was fake so they didn't mind me playing violent games. Children like this already have a mental illness, if it wasn't video games another thing could have triggered them.