• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Stuck

Things are bad today. I am stuck in my own head with my awful thoughts and I feel like I can't talk. I feel shut in. I'm in a really horrible place and I am unable to vocalise about it.

Thanks @Catsmother . I think I'm feeling really scared that we are going to be put back into hard lockdown. I can't bear the thought of that. I heard an MP say that it will be next summer before we can even consider life going back to normal. When I think of that, I get so panicky. I've got other issues going on but the situation with the virus is really making me feel much worse.

Thanks @Catsmother . I think I'm feeling really scared that we are going to be put back into hard lockdown. I can't bear the thought of that. I heard an MP say that it will be next summer before we can even consider life going back to normal. When I think of that, I get so panicky. I've got other issues going on but the situation with the virus is really making me feel much worse.
Yeah I feel the same way. It is a frightening thought, everything in life is uncertain. Makes you value the life we had before COVID :(

Things are bad today. I am stuck in my own head with my awful thoughts and I feel like I can't talk. I feel shut in. I'm in a really horrible place and I am unable to vocalise about it.

I can relate, to being scared, but we are in the storm together, with in the next 5 months or less there should be a vaccine out, also, I talk to my therapist all the time, although i have art that takes my mind away for a little while, You will be fine, YOu just need to keep talking with friends and if you have games to do so. Things should have been mandatory before all this occurred but no one has the guts to stick to plans, to much in this world is going on. what is a MP, I dont ever know if we will have normal back, it will be a new norm bc things are going to be slightly different, the elderly are more suspetable to getting the virus but anyone who has health issues can get the virus now, we just need to take care of ourselves to get thru this, it is good you vented

I hate the way this virus is getting out of control & causing needless mental health issues. Try to focus on what you CAN control. That is what we all need to do.
Things we can control- our own health. What time we go to sleep. How much water we drink. The real food we eat. Spending time w/ our loved ones. Breathing.
Anybody have others to add?