• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Sources

I have been browsing around the forums and I have noticed that some posts here contain articles that don't include sources. I think this is a very important requirement to have on any forum.

The topics that have stuck out to me are informational topics explaining mental health issues such as anxiety and panic disorder. While these are very informative and helpful, there should be sources to where the information came from. It's easy to just copy & paste an article and it becomes obvious when one can easily take bits of it and search it on Google and you can see the same article elsewhere word for word. Perhaps I am mistaken and the sources were just forgotten.

However, perhaps it would be a good idea to require this in the forum guidelines? It's best to post small portions of the article and then post the sources. Fun fact: Psychology papers require citations and/or sources! :D

Just something to think about :)

It would only be required to note the source of its required from where the info was copied from.

We’ll have to do this on a case by case basis.

Good call though, it’s something to be mindful of.

I've heard of no such thing where you don't have to provide your sources unless they say you don't. Where are you seeing this? If you post articles you should be noting where you got your information from. You're risking copyright issues here.

There are quite a few places that don’t require you linking to the source. I have used many such article sites over the years.

But to avoid any doubt, I’ve removed those two.