• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

So low

Since I have woken this morning I feel very low but with lots of energy. I am 4 weeks in on my medication. I haven't had negative thoughts for 4 weeks, but today I have stayed in my room. I dont think these tablets are lifting my spirits. Mind battles alday today. 😔

So sorry you're feeling down today. The good news is the meds are preventing the negative thoughts and that's most of the battle. Even if you never had to deal with those thoughts, not every day is a great day for people who do not have to battle mental illness issues. Moods are driven by hormones, people and circumstances can set the tone for our day. Don't let the fact that you are not having a great day today make you feel defeated. Bad days come and go for everyone, its just life. Tell yourself this too shall pass. A day of solitude is not a bad thing. Read, watch something you enjoy, talk to someone or even continue to share with forum friends who can relate and who care. (((HUGS)))

Hi littlelady or to be more precise amazinglady.

I do not know what kind of medication you are on. But if its antidepressants then most take up to 6 weeks to be at peak effectiveness. I have had my dose change a few times and then the 6 weeks start over again.

The mind battles are something that keep me busy a lot of the time too. And on days like this can I suggest a small victory? Maybe take a shower?
And Foxy and Catsmother are both spot on.

So sorry you're feeling down today. The good news is the meds are preventing the negative thoughts and that's most of the battle. Even if you never had to deal with those thoughts, not every day is a great day for people who do not have to battle mental illness issues. Moods are driven by hormones, people and circumstances can set the tone for our day. Don't let the fact that you are not having a great day today make you feel defeated. Bad days come and go for everyone, its just life. Tell yourself this too shall pass. A day of solitude is not a bad thing. Read, watch something you enjoy, talk to someone or even continue to share with forum friends who can relate and who care. (((HUGS)))
Thank you. I am trying really hard.

Hi littlelady or to be more precise amazinglady.

I do not know what kind of medication you are on. But if its antidepressants then most take up to 6 weeks to be at peak effectiveness. I have had my dose change a few times and then the 6 weeks start over again.

The mind battles are something that keep me busy a lot of the time too. And on days like this can I suggest a small victory? Maybe take a shower?
And Foxy and Catsmother are both spot on.
I do push through the day by cleaning. I am currently off sick depression ( hit crisis 3rd feb). I work in hospital theatres. I miss work and currently have 2 therapists. Just starting.

You are doing your best :hug4

One thing I would wish for you was to be able to change the power and hard words in your posts to be words of kindness. You say, I push through the day, I am trying real hard.

These are things I say to myself too. But they are so harsh. When we feel this way we need to be cuddled with kindness.