Relationships take work (rant)

iamSharon

Motivated Member
Reaction score
It feels exhausting sometimes when my efforts aren't reciprocated. I don't mean just the romantic kind... relationships with friends and family take time, effort, and communication takes energy. With the demands of every day life it's hard to prioritize but I know it's something I need to do.

lavalamp

Community Assistant
Reaction score
May sound harsh, but these days if people don't reciprocate (romantically or otherwise), I simply cut them out.

As they say, "no response is a response". If someone else isn't going to bother with me (unless they have a good reason), I've learnt not to bother with them anymore. Its just a waste of my energy.

Lammchen

Motivated Member
Reaction score
I'm one of those people who doesn't put as much into my friendships as I should. Guilty here! It's just that I'm an introvert so I don't want to be asked by friends to go out and do things. I like being at home. Having online friends is so much easier because I can take time away from them when needed. One of my best friends from high school and I keep in touch but there are weeks we might not write and then for months we'll write every day. We accept our relationship is going to be like that.

Are you looking for more real life friendships where you can hang out and do stuff?

Top Bottom