• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Parents' care

Do you think being in the care of parents will help overcome unwanted thoughts during depression. A lot of cases testify that one of the main dangers associated with depression is the inclination towards ending one's life. Thinking that way, if there is always someone around, someone who cares about us, won't it be beneficial ?

I think facing everything alone and pose that we are impenetrable is the first thing that needs to change.

That's going to depend on circumstances and so on. If you're a teenage or thereabouts, then yeah, parents might be beneficial, but if you're older and your parents are older, then that's a massive imposition to put them in. I do believe having someone that cares around you will be beneficial when dealing with depression, but if your parents are getting up there in years, then no, it's not a great idea to put them in that position.

Of course, having someone around you in any circumstance (whether it's your parents/friends/etc.) would be beneficial to someone. I'd like to hope that the vast majority of people in this world have someone they could turn to in times of need. If they don't you could obviously turn to places like this site for a bit of moral support and companionship. To answer you though, I'd agree with @PGen98, it would really depend on your situation. I know my parents will always be my parents but I'd also hate to burden them - even though they'd never say that!

I talked about parents mainly because when we have nothing, only parents remain. It is not making our parents doing anything. We will be able to do everything, like a work from home job and earn enough, do household activities like cooking, cleaning etc. But having someone around is very critical when we can do unexpected things in a surge of emotion.

I talked about parents mainly because when we have nothing, only parents remain. It is not making our parents doing anything. We will be able to do everything, like a work from home job and earn enough, do household activities like cooking, cleaning etc. But having someone around is very critical when we can do unexpected things in a surge of emotion.
In instances like this, then yeah, parents would be helpful, for those with a good relationship with their parents, and whose parents are in a position to comfort them.

for those with a good relationship with their parents,

What will you suggest to someone for whom parents are not an option ? Rehab based medical care ? I think such places are a money drain and I seriously doubt they will allow us to work from their facility. There are people who get into issues very young and they should keep working when if they need proper medical care.

What will you suggest to someone for whom parents are not an option ? Rehab based medical care ? I think such places are a money drain and I seriously doubt they will allow us to work from their facility. There are people who get into issues very young and they should keep working when if they need proper medical care.
It's a hard thing to say, peoples' situations are going to be different; however, I'd suggest someone who they're very close with, a good friend, a relative they like, etc. Some people are in a position where they don't have anyone, and that's ok, so long as they have or can find something to keep themselves active and distracted until they can see their therapist or someone in a professional capacity.

That is true. It is really hard for people if they get into trouble before they build a set of relations and friends who can actually help. Or care to help. It is even worse if you are from a country or place where there no detailed classification for such conditions. It is as simple as a statement. He is MXX. That is all that it comes to. And they are isolated, despised and cast off.