Eagleheart

Kind Member
Reaction score
This will probably seem silly to you all but today, one of my cats has really triggered my BPD. He's an older cat that we are fostering for the rest of his life and he's a very frustrating boy. I give him so much love and affection and he just keeps rejecting me. He's totally unfriendly towards me but is an absolute cutie pie with my husband. I find it so hurtful. I bend over backwards to be kind and generous and feed him only the best but he wants nothing to do with me. The sense of rejection is overwhelming.
That's it really. I'm just feeling crappy and his unfriendly attitude has been so triggering today.
Thanks for reading this.

Catsmother

Confident Member
Reaction score
Hi @Eagleheart

with our pets I think they become attached to one member of the household. I know milo is very attached to me and follows me everywhere, he doesn’t bother at all with my husband and son. My daughters he loves. I know it must be hurtful as I would feel the same. Keep giving him lots of cuddles as you never know he might just become attached to you.

Eagleheart

Kind Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I know he's not being purposely mean to me. It's just very triggering for my fear of rejection. The last ginger cat we had was my best friend and my constant companion. We were inseparable. I suppose I hoped that I would have the same thing with Charlie.
Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Catsmother

Confident Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. I know he's not being purposely mean to me. It's just very triggering for my fear of rejection. The last ginger cat we had was my best friend and my constant companion. We were inseparable. I suppose I hoped that I would have the same thing with Charlie.
I know it is hard, I would be offended too if my Milo was like that.

Gibby

Giving Member
Reaction score
yeah its hard my first cat was amazing then when he sadly got run over we got another one but it just wasn't the same. Since then had a lot of other cats and they are all different but i love them all regardless even if some are more aloof than others lol I hope you are doing ok today also there is a good cat channel on Youtube by Jackson Galaxy he might have some tips on there to help a cat like you more or something like that :)

Top Bottom