• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Marathons

Have you ever participated or attended a marathon? I never had and I've signed up to do a half marathon in December. A year ago if you would have asked me if I ran for exercise I would have busted out laughing and said no way. I've learned to actually enjoy it! I still have a bit of training to do. The half marathon is 13.1 miles. The longest distance I've ran so far is 6 miles.

I've done a couple of half-marathons and a handful of 10K runs.. My first was with literally no training! 😅

Somehow I can just naturally run, although I don't get the fastest of times.. I think my quickest half-marathon was around the 2h 30m mark, and quickest 10K just over 1h.

This is the last thing I would do to my body, I danced for probably30+ yrs of my life but no big running or small running. The LA Marathon for years ran down past my apt bldg and the agony of so many.

I love my knees too much to put them through such hardship :D I'm half joking but really I don't like pushing my body that hard and having to suffer for it afterward. I don't run but I do love to walk and the most I like to do at a time is 6 miles and that's on hilly grounds. I was really into biking before we moved away and I remember doing a 50 miler and it was hard on my back and knees that I didn't think I'd make it home. I was in tears. It's not worth it.

Even in my younger days I didn’t care to run. I prefer other exercises & a nice brisk walk on hiking trails. Marathons are hard on the body & mind. They are definitely not for the faint-hearted. It requires tremendous will-power & discipline to train day in & day out.

Even in my younger days I didn’t care to run. I prefer other exercises & a nice brisk walk on hiking trails. Marathons are hard on the body & mind. They are definitely not for the faint-hearted. It requires tremendous will-power & discipline to train day in & day out.

My sentiments totally.

Wow you guys. I'm happy to report back that I complete the half marathon in less than 4 hours. I have never put myself physcially and mentally in that much stress, ever. I probably won't ever do that again, but it definitely feels good to be able to say that I've done it though! I feel like anything can be placed in front of me now can't shake me. That last mile was the toughest. I saw the 12 mile marker and practically everyone in front of me slow down and some were even on their phones! It took all of my will power and prayers to not join those who threw in the towel and I managed to complete the race and earn a completion medal.