• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

How do you point out you're having anxiety issues?

Anxiety disorder does many things to an individual, which causes the individual restlessness, sleepless nights and undue body fatigue etc. I notice my own anxiety disorder when I am simply thinking and feeling restless due to incident I couldn't manage properly.
Their are numerous ways I discover that I'm having anxiety disorder, but the one I mentioned is the most common of it all.

How do you realize you're having anxiety disorder?

Being anxious and having anxiety disorder are entirely two different things. It is very common for people to become anxious once in a while. However, anxiety is a mental health issue. Anxiety disorders also have physical symptoms.

Being anxious and having anxiety disorder are entirely two different things. It is very common for people to become anxious once in a while. However, anxiety is a mental health issue. Anxiety disorders also have physical symptoms.
Exactly, anxiety disorder is a mental illness. Being anxious is normal for a man, we do encounter such once in a while due to some weird circumstances. We can manage our temper when feeling anxious, but it is hard when feeling anxiety issues, it's simply out of control. Medical attention is needed for that, it needs special treatment in order to get it managed.

My spouse has a history of anxiety and I perfectly understand what happens when you go through anxiety attacks. When you are under anxiety attacks, there will occur hormonal changes and you will have physical symptoms.

Those kind of hormonal changes makes life very comfortable. That's why anxiety disorder isn't pleasing one due to the challenges it brings.

That's something very pleasing that your better half is feeling healthier relieved from anxiety issues, I am happy to hear that.

Having anxiety and having an anxiety disorder are separate things. I suffer from anxiety most of the time but I have found that when I am in busy places or somewhere I do not fully know, my anxiety plays up so much that I leave and go home, that is when I know that my anxiety disorder is kicking in.

It also happens when I am at home sometimes and dealing with things and having to speak with people, I clam up and panic.