• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

hi

hi, just struggling a bit today and needed some help. So started checking out mental health forums online.
Due to GAD and depression, i cannot do work full time. I help out my sister and parents on occasion. However for the past few weeks rather months, i have been feeling so useless. kind of being a parasite to all. i understand that this covid situation has probably amplified my worries. anyway sorry for the not so positive introduction.

You are right. And you are not alone. It has nothing to do with any of our physical condition. A lot of people are having job-related issues. Even the rich ones are looking for a better placement.

It is ok that you work as a team. That is good. I am not relating your job. But we have skilled workers who work as a team. They have teams from painting, plumbing and almost anything. There are no regular workers. The top guy knows what to do and how to do it. So it is only manpower. A lot of them move easily through these teams according to convinience.

Also, don't hate small jobs. Even though others will never show, you are doing a great help.

Last edited:
Welcome @wanda - we are so happy you are here. Everyone here has struggled through rough patches, so we do understand what you're going through. As a forum family we band together and support each other through thick and thin so you've come to the right place. We'll listen, offer helpful advice, share what coping mechanisms we have found that have worked for us personally as well as tips on good mental health resources. There are also games and other fun distractions here where you can interact with the community and hopefully make some new friends who will help you 'bust up the gloomy.'

:hugs6

Hi @wanda, welcome to TalkMH. You're definitely in the right place :)

I can't add much more than what @lavalamp and @Foxy said, we have a great group of people here who understand and care. We've all been there, we've all had our struggles and suffered through horrible times, so we know what you're going through and we're more than happy to take the time to listen if you need to unburden yourself. All the best!

You are right. And you are not alone. It has nothing to do with any of our physical condition. A lot of people are having job-related issues. Even the rich ones are looking for a better placement.

It is ok that you work as a team. That is good. I am not relating your job. But we have skilled workers who work as a team. They have teams from painting, plumbing and almost anything. There are no regular workers. The top guy knows what to do and how to do it. So it is only manpower. A lot of them move easily through these teams according to convinience.

Also, don't hate small jobs. Even though others will never show, you are doing a great help.
hi Harry, thanks for the words of encouragement. hope you are well.

Welcome @wanda - we are so happy you are here. Everyone here has struggled through rough patches, so we do understand what you're going through. As a forum family we band together and support each other through thick and thin so you've come to the right place. We'll listen, offer helpful advice, share what coping mechanisms we have found that have worked for us personally as well as tips on good mental health resources. There are also games and other fun distractions here where you can interact with the community and hopefully make some new friends who will help you 'bust up the gloomy.'

:hugs6
hi Foxy! hi and nice to meet you too. it's nice to hear others can relate. please take care.

Hi @wanda, welcome to TalkMH. You're definitely in the right place :)

I can't add much more than what @lavalamp and @Foxy said, we have a great group of people here who understand and care. We've all been there, we've all had our struggles and suffered through horrible times, so we know what you're going through and we're more than happy to take the time to listen if you need to unburden yourself. All the best!
hi PGen98! i am actually kind of overwhelmed by all these kind words. thanks and take care too.

hi PGen98! i am actually kind of overwhelmed by all these kind words. thanks and take care too.
It is a bit overwhelming at first, going from feeling so alone and like no one understands to having a group of people who not only understand, but who care. Just remember that we're here and we do indeed care! Whatever is troubling you, at least one of us here has been through it and should be able to offer a word of encouragement, advice, of even share their own experiences. :)

hi Harry, thanks for the words of encouragement. hope you are well.

So nice of you. I hope what you experienced was a small disturbance due to situations in life and it will be absent forever. It won't come back, don't worry.

If you can manage, try to develop some skill. Hardware related skills are very much in demand. You will need to struggle a bit and need to deal with a lesser pay in the beginning. But in a few years, once have enough experience, you will be able to move to an advisor role.

It is a bit overwhelming at first, going from feeling so alone and like no one understands to having a group of people who not only understand, but who care. Just remember that we're here and we do indeed care! Whatever is troubling you, at least one of us here has been through it and should be able to offer a word of encouragement, advice, of even share their own experiences. :)
yes wow, you can say that again.. thanks again.