• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Have you had it?

Have you had COVID-19? Were you vaccinated at the time? How well have you recovered from it?

Thankfully *touches wood* I've not contracted the virus.. Not officially anyway. I suspect that I may have had it around Dec '19 / Jan '20, prior to it being in the public eye. I was really quite unwell with my joints literally throbbing and briefly losing my sense of smell, but of course, it could have been flu - there's no sure way to know for definite.

I continued working throughout the various lockdowns in two jobs at both a secondary school and a supermarket.. Even with measures in place you'd think I'd have been likely to get it in either environment.

I'm now double-vaccinated.. 👍

I have NOT had it, no signs of it, and do no jabs of any kind but work on my own immume system:

Vit C, Vit D, Zinc, Quercetin and Grape Seed Extract (been taking it 26 yrs) I am very healthy senior lady. People are foolish NOT to take some of the supplements I post. Vit D is critical in all this covid illness and deaths.

Last edited:
I have not had covid and neither has any of my family or extended family...which is odd.

I have had both shots of the vaccine and won't be getting any more because of my allergic reaction to PEG in the mRNA vaccines. I don't want to mess up my system by risking taking the other that has Polysorbate 80 instead of the PEG. I mean, if I get allergic to that there isn't much left in the way of other meds for me to take since a lot either have one or the other.

I haven't had Covid and am fully vaccinated, I have known people who have had it, and wow the things it did to them! Horrible illness to get!

I have not had covid and neither has any of my family or extended family...which is odd.

I have had both shots of the vaccine and won't be getting any more because of my allergic reaction to PEG in the mRNA vaccines. I don't want to mess up my system by risking taking the other that has Polysorbate 80 instead of the PEG. I mean, if I get allergic to that there isn't much left in the way of other meds for me to take since a lot either have one or the other.
Oh wow, that's a hard allergic reaction to have, you definitely don't want to compromise your immune system, nor risk damaging your ability to take other meds in the future. I absolutely understand not wanting to get the future vaccines!

Same here i have not had it but know many that have, i'm still shocked to see how sick this made them and to have people running around saying it's fake is nuts, I have both of my shots so does my family and i now wait for the booster shot.

Same here i have not had it but know many that have, i'm still shocked to see how sick this made them and to have people running around saying it's fake is nuts, I have both of my shots so does my family and i now wait for the booster shot.
Totally agreed, I have no idea how people can claim it's fake and disregard it as if it were nothing. It's astounding that it happens so frequently, and how many anti-vaccine people end up catching it and, worse, how many pass. It's so sad.

I have received two doses of the Chinese vaccine Vero cell. However, when I had covid, I was not vaccinated. Well, I did not go for testing but I knew it was covid because I showed the same symptom that covid patients showed.

I only took single time vaccine, since then I never really bothered to take the second time. They told me that, I should take the complete doze, after that, their will be the last vaccination which will take over in the next six months.

Up your Vit C, make sure Vit D is adequate in your body, and take D3 regardless, Zinc, Quercetin and I've been taking
Grape Seed Extract for 26 yrs for strong Immune System. Get on supplements -- they are your BEST FRIENDS.