Personal Story Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
I have to watch the blood sugar though. Carbs are a big no-no.

Awesome recipes though. You should post a ton of yours in our kitchen section!

Thanks, I would amigo but I'm already active on another forum where I post my stuff so I dont have time to double my efforts

jaminhealth

Kind Member
Reaction score
I didn't read all of this thread but all I can say, I'm good on the diabetes issue and it's epidemic. Last visit to doc and labs done, glucose was coming in higher, so we both agreed Berberine would be good to take to lower the glucose, so that is in my routine now....and have CUT OUT refined sugars and carbs big time ... My family missed diabetes and they and me were carb and sugar eaters for decades.... I guess genetics has a lot in this too. Also, I do labs non fasting so that could and probably does factor in. So I look at that too.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Year-end accounting.

Weight: 213lbs.
Lbs lost: 65.
A1C: 5.7
Avg blood pressure last 30 tests: 120/75.

It's a complete turnaround and recovery with NO medications, NO doctor visits and NO fad dieting or rigid exercise regimen.

I still want to lose 18 more lbs. I will continue to report further progress and developments.

Happy New Year to all.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Still holding at 207 lbs.. Even though experimenting with @yimyammer revisions. I am having taters every now and then, and indulging in grilled cheese sammiches. Blood glucose remains under control, and A1C is still 5.8. Keepin on keepin on.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
One year ago today I was 260 still. Lookin back at my logbook. 205 this morning. Still trying for 195 for the ultimate win. Gonna get there.

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Man, we started at almost the exact same time and have lost very close to the same amount of weight. I started at 293 Around 04/01/21 and I'm about 243 as of this am. I've been struggling the last few months and the scale hasn't moved much. I think I got a bit cocky and let sneaky cals in like sweets that add up quickly.

I'm trying to break out of this plateau and started doing 2 fast days per week and I really like it but my trainer doesnt because he thinks its going to trigger over eating. What I've discovered is that by fasting 2 days per week, I can eat more food on my non fast days and I feel satisfied and full and therefore dont resort or feel tempted to binge. I also love the fact on fast days I dont have to cook, clean, eat or track macros and fasting makes my focus and concentration really sharp.

The only downsides are I have trouble sleeping and of course the hunger but its something I've gotten used to dealing with since I've fasted over 55 days in the last year. Fasting for 36 hours is mostly in the mind and only very briefly in the stomach. I suspect that wouldn't be the case if I was 5% body fat but considering I'm over 30% (according to my digital scale) I should be able to do a lot of fasting until I reach my goal, which happens to be 195 just like you.

I hope to see you at the finish line later this year, continued success!

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
I praise the urine test strips for keeping me on track. I know as long as I'm testing positive for ketone bodies, it's because I am burning body fat.

I have no hunger pangs or cravings, and when I fast it's because I simply forgot to eat!

Had me some crinkle fries with dinner last night as a treat. Dang but Dem taters is good!

Keep it up Yimmy. The goal is well worth the marathon.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Sorry no dang update in awhile. I've been a dang dadgum busy man.

Weight: 195lb.
A1C: 5.6

All goals exceeded.

Top Bottom