Personal Story Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
stress test in January, which is a "nuclear" one not a treadmill one
I've decided to forgo this test. I will wait until the traditional treadmill stress tests are reinstated, as I do not want radioactive crap injected into me for the MRI, and do not want the vascular-constrictive drugs used to simulate a workout. Covid is the reason they want to do these pharmaceutical simulated stress tests. Can't have people huffing and puffing on treadmills anymore.

225lbs today. The weight loss is coming slow but steady now. I just have to stay in ketosis.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Bachelor finally does his laundry after about 8 months - Typically I just buy new stuff and let the hamper pile up like most all other single man rednecks. Anyhow, going through the dirty clothes I am finding many size 3XL pocket tee shirts. I can't even wear those anymore, they are now WAY too big for me. Also, several pairs of shorts that I can't even keep on my hips anymore even tying them!

Here is the downside to losing so much weight. ALL that stuff including the 56 pocket tees and the shorts, and a bunch of other plus-size stuff just got dropped off at Goodwill and no, I did not bother to launder them first. Seems like it's a boon for homeless chaps with winter coming up but I trust Goodwill not to let them go to waste in any event. I could have driven 20 miles into town and dropped them off at Faith City Mission for the homeless but hell, is it worth the time and gasoline? It represents probably 120 bucks over the 12 or so years I have been collecting them. Good deed done either way. They're out of my life.

I'm at 223lbs. I now want to be 190 so the new target is 33 more pounds to lose. I am continuing the lifestyle with no hitches, backslides, mistakes or interruptions and feel absolutely great.

Stress test is now scheduled - the cardiologist is allowing me to take just the standard treadmill type test which involves no drugs or radioactive agents! November 1st, 10am. They better order a new treadmill today, what with covid delays the shipping time could be enlarged. They gonna need a new one after I am done burning their current one to the ground. Yeah, I told them. The nurse just snickered.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
220lbs weigh-in today. 30 more to go. Appointment Monday for the treadmill stress test was confirmed for 10am.

I have been feeling great. I have my life back. The rewards of my regimen are really starting to kick in.

You CAN do it. You do NOT have to be a bloated fatass. You do NOT have to accept being overweight. You CAN defeat it.

lavalamp

Community Assistant
Reaction score
220lbs weigh-in today. 30 more to go. Appointment Monday for the treadmill stress test was confirmed for 10am.

I have been feeling great. I have my life back. The rewards of my regimen are really starting to kick in.

You CAN do it. You do NOT have to be a bloated fatass. You do NOT have to accept being overweight. You CAN defeat it.
That's brilliant! Well done!

Good luck with the appointment on Monday!

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Thank you, thank you, thank you all. Interestingly, late Friday there was a voice message from the cardiologist's office, once again confirming my appointment but also with an interesting tidbit - they want me to stop taking the beta blocker after today, not take it Sunday or Monday. Due to this test.

Which confirms what I have always told the doctor - the beta blocker makes it very difficult to work out or exercise because it won't let the heart speed up due to work! He's always denied that but apparently his nurses who do the stress tests know it - they don't want my heart rate inhibited during the test!

I'd already verified this, I have a finger sensor which reads out my heart rate and blood oxygen level any time I want to see it, and my heart rate does not speed up when I exercise. Not walking, running or riding my stationary bike. It just stays at 60 beats per minute regardless.

So what happens is, you get wore out more quickly and your muscles get sore because the system isn't pumping more blood to them in association with the work they are doing. Making exercise pretty much non productive as a result.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
They postponed me until the 22nd. No doubt to allow for shipping time for the new treadmill they're gonna need.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
They postponed me until the 22nd. No doubt to allow for shipping time for the new treadmill they're gonna need.
Well, they didn't need a new treadmill. But lemme tell ya, those stress tests are no joke. They were able to get what they wanted out of me though after only five minutes of very brisk uphill walking.

They have an incline on the treadmill and they had me going pretty fast and steep. Goal of the test is to get the heart rate up above 136 bpm and keep it that way for a bit. I have long legs so my long strides make them keep speeding up the treadmill. I could have kept on going but also I had no gripe in stopping. Was winded, but that went away shortly after the work stopped. I'm quite pleased with my performance. Heart rate got up to around 180 bpm and of course blood pressure skyrocketed as it does for anyone doing brisk exercise like that. The Dr in charge of it said they were happy with what they got and happy with my recovery time. So, that's fine.

Cardiologist will get back to me later on about the ECG and such, which they also monitor during the stress test. All in all it went well.

216 lbs I weighed in that day. 26 more left, to reach my goal.

Butterfly88

Community Assistant
Reaction score
Well, they didn't need a new treadmill. But lemme tell ya, those stress tests are no joke. They were able to get what they wanted out of me though after only five minutes of very brisk uphill walking.

They have an incline on the treadmill and they had me going pretty fast and steep. Goal of the test is to get the heart rate up above 136 bpm and keep it that way for a bit. I have long legs so my long strides make them keep speeding up the treadmill. I could have kept on going but also I had no gripe in stopping. Was winded, but that went away shortly after the work stopped. I'm quite pleased with my performance. Heart rate got up to around 180 bpm and of course blood pressure skyrocketed as it does for anyone doing brisk exercise like that. The Dr in charge of it said they were happy with what they got and happy with my recovery time. So, that's fine.

Cardiologist will get back to me later on about the ECG and such, which they also monitor during the stress test. All in all it went well.

Glad to hear you are pleased with your performance. Keep up the great work!

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score

good job amigo

[Talk Mental Health.com] Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Have lost 62 lbs since April.
Annnnnd there was NO holiday backsliding! NO taters. NO pasta. NO nothing that is off the program! Despite massive temptation.
way to tow the line.

thats the beauty of a high protein diet, its filling, tastes good and makes adherence easier

and who says you have to gain weight when eating on thanksgiving, I lost weight eating this:

^^turkey roulade^^

^^sous vide turkey breasts with potatoes pomp and a butternut squash gravy and sage leaves fried in brown butter^^.
(I eat carbs and still lose weight)

the butternut squash gravy (yellow stuff above) was easy, just cut up potatoes, onions, celery, butternut squash, garlic, fresh sage, butter and put in a mason jar, fill with turkey or chicken stock and then Sous Vide at 195 for a few hours then toss everything in a blender until smooth adding salt, pepper & fresh lemon juice to taste, its incredibly easy

Top Bottom