Personal Story Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
237lbs. (Have now officially lost 40lbs since March.) Blood glucose never gets higher than 110-115 even after meals. Staying in ketosis but never testing higher than "low" despite exercise. I'm coasting now, keeping on the program effortlessly.

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you're progressing nicely, keep up the great work!

I started my weight loss journey about 100 days ago and am down about 26 lbs with a goal of losing 100. I just gotta keep chopping wood and stacking days, I already feel MUCH better. My tracker shows I've walked over 600 miles since I started, crazy how quickly it adds up

and my indigestion is completely gone

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Good to hear you're progressing nicely, keep up the great work!

I started my weight loss journey about 100 days ago and am down about 26 lbs with a goal of losing 100. I just gotta keep chopping wood and stacking days, I already feel MUCH better. My tracker shows I've walked over 600 miles since I started, crazy how quickly it adds up

and my indigestion is completely gone
Outstanding Yimmy! Have you been following something close to my regimen? Isn't it amazing how much better you feel and how much more energy you have after dropping just a bit of weight?

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Yes it’s is!

my eating strategy is called IIFYM (if it fits your macros) and my typical day has a budget of 190 grams protein, 65 grams fat and 180 grams carbs on the days I lift and I drop the carbs to 75 grams on off days and 65 grams of fat. This works well for me since it’s like cash in my wallet where I can be frugal all day on fat so I can occasionally have something like ice cream, etc at the end of the day

i also lift heavy weights 4 days a week and try to get at least 10k steps daily plus fast on Sundays.

This works well for me and the Sunday fast is therapeutic like meditation and similar to lifting weights because the discipline and mind control it requires to fight off urges that have nothing to do with hunger seem to get stronger with repetition & make me stronger and more disciplined with my eating choices when I’m not fasting. I don’t worry about counting on saturdays and eat whatever I want making it kind of an off day and the Sunday fast compensates for any eating I do above plan on Saturday plus it seems to shrink my stomach.

fortunately, I’m not diabetic, so I don’t have the same issues to deal with as you but I know I need to lose weight and get stronger so I can maintain the highest quality of life possible for however long I get to continue to roam this planet.

started at 293, currently 267, goal is 193

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
started at 293, currently 267, goal is 193
Don't think I can get to 193 with my frame and build. I'll be happy with anything under 210. Started at 278 currently at 235. About 3/4 of the way to the goal with two months to go until my next cardiologist appointment.

Good job you're doing so far and good progress too!

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Stumbled across a discussion on Metformin, are you taking this?

here's some articles:

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
are you taking this?
Negative. Not taking any prescription meds for diabetes. Haven't even seen a doctor for it. Not even officially diagnosed. Whole point of my program is to manage blood sugar without any meds. Meds just enable the poor dietary/lifestyle choices.

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Negative. Not taking any prescription meds for diabetes. Haven't even seen a doctor for it. Not even officially diagnosed. Whole point of my program is to manage blood sugar without any meds. Meds just enable the poor dietary/lifestyle choices.

I like it, I dont like getting dependent on drugs/pills and at most resort to an aspirin a few times a year (thankfully thats all I've needed)

I do take fish oil and a mail vitamin but like you believe we need to fix ourselves with diet & exercise

I heard this quote on the Joe Rogan podcast I like and seems apropos:

"you want what you deserve (earn)"

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
An official type 2 diagnosis isn't given until you have two consecutive A1C tests score above 7. These are taken three months apart. I only had one such. My cardiologist erred in his opinion and isn't even qualified to make such a diagnosis. Just informational.

My whole problem started with my cardiac issues and ensuing meds, which merely masked my poor eating and lifestyle habits. Enabling me to continue the bad habits by covering up the symptoms. I didn't listen to my cardiologist's admonitions to diet and exercise, as my numbers were always good while on the meds. Not letting that happen again.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Four months into my program and I can only say I am soooo happy to have my health coming back strong. My stamina is increased almost to where it was 20 years ago and I have plenty of energy.

People who haven't seen me in awhile are astonished and invariably say "my God, you've lost a LOT of weight!" And, "you look great, 15 years younger!" And so on. It's gratifying to have results be so obvious to people when they're not all that obvious to me at times.

In a big box in my closet have resided clothes I could no longer wear and they show the progression of my weight gain over the years. I went through this box today and was able to pull out about half of it to wear once again. It's really working far better than I ever thought it could.

Meanwhile the steady weight loss continues and my blood sugar is seldom ever over 120 one hour after a meal - even meals that include forbidden foods like potatoes, which I am now treating myself to about once a week, thanks to @yimyammer's macro program he uses. It's had no ill effect whatsoever.

Obviously I'm making my own insulin and my cells are using it more now.

I will continue the regimen and will continue to report. But right now it's all sunshine and rainbows!

lavalamp

Community Assistant
Reaction score
Four months into my program and I can only say I am soooo happy to have my health coming back strong. My stamina is increased almost to where it was 20 years ago and I have plenty of energy.

People who haven't seen me in awhile are astonished and invariably say "my God, you've lost a LOT of weight!" And, "you look great, 15 years younger!" And so on. It's gratifying to have results be so obvious to people when they're not all that obvious to me at times.

In a big box in my closet have resided clothes I could no longer wear and they show the progression of my weight gain over the years. I went through this box today and was able to pull out about half of it to wear once again. It's really working far better than I ever thought it could.

Meanwhile the steady weight loss continues and my blood sugar is seldom ever over 120 one hour after a meal - even meals that include forbidden foods like potatoes, which I am now treating myself to about once a week, thanks to @yimyammer's macro program he uses. It's had no ill effect whatsoever.

Obviously I'm making my own insulin and my cells are using it more now.

I will continue the regimen and will continue to report. But right now it's all sunshine and rainbows!
That's brilliant! Glad to hear you are doing so well! :)

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
That's brilliant! Glad to hear you are doing so well! :)
I forgot to mention that I'm staying in mild ketosis while all this is also going on. Which is good, it means my body is burning fat for fuel 24/7/365!

Also -I mentioned a couple of months or so ago about digestive issues, the train not running on time and when it did it was stiff? Not so anymore. The train runs on time and it's softserve!

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Still cruising along with no hiccups. I have an observation though - I'm never hungry. Even skipping meals which is happening more now, I don't have cravings or hunger pangs.

I think it's got to do with the addictive nature of carbohydrates. Like drugs, it gives the brain that dopamine shot. And of course the pleasure centers of the brain want more. This is why there are "comfort foods." And so it manufactures cravings and hunger pangs. But once you're off the drug, these symptoms go away. Hunger and cravings are gone.

I keep on keepin on.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
30lbs to go to reach my initial goal. 48lbs lost so far.

I'm effortlessly maintaining the program, in fact it's not even a program now. It's a lifestyle.

Stamina continues to skyrocket, sleep is always excellent and I'm having no cravings or hunger pangs, even after 24 hr fasting.

Day by day. I'm one month out from my next cardiologist visit.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Weighing 227 lbs, I have officially lost 50lbs so far with my regimen, which continues uninterrupted. Everything I see above 200 is what I still need to lose to attain the initial goal.

The weight loss is coming at a slower rate, but that's expected. I have to keep reminding myself that it took 20 years to put this bulk on, it's not just going to magically disappear in six months.

Next Wednesday is my scheduled visit to my cardiologist. Really looking forward to it. Monday I go in for the official drawing of blood for the lab. It's going to be difficult for me not to then go from the lab down the long hallway to the cardiologist's office, and start crowing and raising hell. Wanna go in there and really shake 'em up. But I'll exercise discipline, and wait until Wednesday for that.

I'm still feeling great, the stamina improvements continue and my activity level is off the charts. My hope is that my LDL numbers are so low that I can get the doctor to agree to lower my statin dose. Currently it's 80mg a day, I want 40. Hoping too that he will prescribe me a stress test - that was out of the question before. I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on a treadmill. I'll burn that bastard to the ground now.

Anyhow, that's the update. You may return to shaving your back.

lavalamp

Community Assistant
Reaction score
That's fantastic @Pig Hip Well done!

Good luck with the appointment on Wednesday!

How did you know! :oops: I'm going to need another razor for my back, its that hairy! :ROFLMAO: (Joke!)

yimyammer

Motivated Member
Reaction score
Weighing 227 lbs, I have officially lost 50lbs so far with my regimen, which continues uninterrupted. Everything I see above 200 is what I still need to lose to attain the initial goal.

The weight loss is coming at a slower rate, but that's expected. I have to keep reminding myself that it took 20 years to put this bulk on, it's not just going to magically disappear in six months.

Next Wednesday is my scheduled visit to my cardiologist. Really looking forward to it. Monday I go in for the official drawing of blood for the lab. It's going to be difficult for me not to then go from the lab down the long hallway to the cardiologist's office, and start crowing and raising hell. Wanna go in there and really shake 'em up. But I'll exercise discipline, and wait until Wednesday for that.

I'm still feeling great, the stamina improvements continue and my activity level is off the charts. My hope is that my LDL numbers are so low that I can get the doctor to agree to lower my statin dose. Currently it's 80mg a day, I want 40. Hoping too that he will prescribe me a stress test - that was out of the question before. I wouldn't have lasted 5 minutes on a treadmill. I'll burn that bastard to the ground now.

Anyhow, that's the update. You may return to shaving your back.

Great job amigo, keep up the great work.

I'm on your heels partner, I just crossed the 40lb lost barrier

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Belting out Ric Flair "wooooo's" and strutting, I blew them away at the cardiologist's office today. The nurses were losing their minds. I struck a muscle man pose as I was weighed, coming in at 226.9 lbs. My doctor came out to see what all the excitement was, and he did not recognize me! He said he couldn't believe it when they told him my name. I told him "the Nature Boy is here" and gave him a loud WOOOOO!

The exam went as planned with all the numbers being lower than they've ever been, and when the doctor finally came in he was reeling. His big concern was my heart rate which was 49 beats per minute. Which is very low.

He scheduled me for a stress test in January, which is a "nuclear" one not a treadmill one. More about that later.

I came, I saw, I made it weird.

Top Bottom