Personal Story Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
If the French can do it, and do it successfully...
I always chuckle at such comparisons. Back when Brazil was "self sufficient" on energy, people acted like it was congruent for all. It's not and wasn't. Now they're in more trouble than most anyone else. Sustainability is key.

PGen98

Giving Member
Reaction score
I always chuckle at such comparisons. Back when Brazil was "self sufficient" on energy, people acted like it was congruent for all. It's not and wasn't. Now they're in more trouble than most anyone else. Sustainability is key.
France's healthcare system, aside from some concerns in rural locations with a lack of doctors, has been fairly sustainable and looks to continue down that path moving forward. Not saying every country needs to follow their lead, but if they can find a way to do it and consistently rank among the top healthcare systems in the world, there must be something to it...

It most assuredly, is.

Here's hoping tomorrow I can find that something.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Update for today - I've lost another 1.5 lbs.

Which, I only weigh myself about once every 4-5 days and always under same circumstances. Stomach Bladder and bowels empty, barefoot, minimal clothing.

Never understood people checking their weight five or six times a day under all different circumstances. What do you think you're learning?

PGen98

Giving Member
Reaction score
Agreed, similar conditions are best for weighing. Nice to see you're still heading down, that's great!

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Agreed, similar conditions are best for weighing. Nice to see you're still heading down, that's great!
To me if you really want help and if you're not merely interested in wallowing in your problems, you don't keep hitting that scale to get verification that you're an overweight slob. I can see that's how probably 99 percent of diets, fail. There's no objective measure of progress. No incentive to keep at it! Self defeating.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
This is all I'm snacking on so far. A pretty good sized bag of these (twice as much as you see here) costs 1.83 at the store I use. I freeze them for storage and steam up in the microwave as needed and keep 'em handy in the fridge. Baby carrots.

[Talk Mental Health.com] Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

madcap

Motivated Member
Reaction score
This story is about self control and the only person ever to get anywhere with me was my last thearpist who died recently from corona and she worked on my anger managment issues and started out all sympathetec and with questions about my triggers and had me list them all then adter I did and we talked about them she went all shifty on me and told me the one and only truth I have ever heard and it took me some time to accept she was right after I stormed out of there that day. She said there are no triggers. Triggers are merely excuses we use to justify our lack of self control they are us giving up our free will to other people and also to the things that we call triggers. They are us giving up our power to anyone and anything we choose to help us excuse our behavior and self approve our own bad choices she said I have choices and I have control and as soon as I rejected the very term ''trigger'' I would then be on my way to controlling my anger issues she said the choice was always mine and I made the choice to make excuses. When I should be making the choice to control myself and use the power she said we all have to improve myself instead of always looking for enablers and forgivness from others who dont in the end have any bering on my life.
She said ultimetly the choices i make will determine my future and only I can make choices for myself i can either wallow in self pity and blaming everything on others and on circumstances or fake triggers or I can recognise my own self traps and correct my animus behavior. Which the behavior is what is doing the damage not triggers not random circumstance and not other people.
A few days of thinking about that and I went back and resumed sessions and over 3 more weeks I think she cured me. The same things I used to call triggers are now humorous to me and I make the choice. I make the choice to be angry or not I have control not anyone or anything else.
Every other thearpist I ever had would just talk to me a bit then give me pills which never healed they just made me dim and weak minded and not even really able to focus Im off all those drugs now and only still take just one for anxiety.

madcap

Motivated Member
Reaction score
I dont say that to criticise anybody I say that only to share what i found out about my own self and what is working for me

madcap

Motivated Member
Reaction score
but I think probly work for you too if you tried it and not just half measures

Gibby

Giving Member
Reaction score
Update for today - I've lost another 1.5 lbs.

Which, I only weigh myself about once every 4-5 days and always under same circumstances. Stomach Bladder and bowels empty, barefoot, minimal clothing.

Never understood people checking their weight five or six times a day under all different circumstances. What do you think you're learning?
good luck on your journey , it is never easy loosing weight !

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
good luck on your journey , it is never easy loosing weight !
Thank you very much. But I have to face the fact that relying on luck is what got me to the spot I'm fighting to get out of!

mist

Fabulous Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your story. This may inspire others to do the same, in our shared experiences we often find comfort.

Pig Hip

TMH Site Tech
Reaction score
Lost another 1.5 lbs since last weigh.

Delicious and quite satisfying lunch earlier. Southwestern grilled chicken breast (skinless) and some good ole green beans.

It's 1/2 of a chicken breast, grilled up and placed on my secret ingredients which are 100 percent carb-free and layered with a bit of sharp cheddar. Chicken was moist and tender. And no you may not have any.

[Talk Mental Health.com] Hard-Headed Texan finally learned to listen.

Top Bottom