• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Fluoxetine - Has Anyone Been On Them?

I was on it for years, it was my favorate of all the antidepressants. I have very few side effects and it was on the 4 dollar prescription list. It's also known for being the easiest to taper off, and not cause weight gain. I never felt sleepy, but I know we all react differently .

I had some issues back in early 90's and a doc put me on prozac and it left me Flat...I was seeing a
Psychologist at the time and she said "get off it". So I did...

I believe a lot of changes occur with women especially close to menopause or in meno.

They prescribe that by default in New Zealand for anyone that has depression etc. It didn't work for me it messed up my moods and caused my Dissociative identity disorder to come out more... Plus it kept making me sleepy. They then decided to prescribe me Quetiapine (Quetiapine, sold under the brand name Seroquel among others, is an atypical antipsychotic medication used for the treatment of schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, and major depressive disorder.) which didn't work either. I decided to eventually stop taking any medication for my mental health and it did take me a while to adjust but I feel better without any meds. Obviously if things got worse for me I would seek guidance from my doctor.

I have been on Fluoxetine. It didn't work for me. I was prescribed another SSRI and an SNRI before being diagnosed with bipolar II and prescribed a mood stabilizer, which finally seems to be working.