• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Feel No future for myself

Hi Everyone, very low & just need to post this 😭
Struggling with everything. I just feel like a complete failure & that I've no hope in the future. Just turned 32, never had a job. Still a Virgin. I'm here but don't feel like I'm alive if that makes sense

Hi Amy, sorry to hear you are feeling down. I was feeling like that myself last year. I've done a lot of work and had to take medication, but I'm feeling better.

Are you able to talk to anyone about how you are feeling? Maybe your doctor or a therapist.

You can always post on here if you need support. People are kind and always willing to help.

Sending hugs. x

FB_IMG_16230645281502426.jpg
@Amy78 @mist

Hi Everyone, very low & just need to post this 😭
Struggling with everything. I just feel like a complete failure & that I've no hope in the future. Just turned 32, never had a job. Still a Virgin. I'm here but don't feel like I'm alive if that makes sense
Hi @Amy78, you've come to the right place!

We're a caring group of people who know very well about struggles and feeling down and depressed. Many of us have been where you are. Feel free to unload, get everything you're feeling out, because we absolutely understand here. I'm 33 and I'm also still a virgin (had relationships, one that went quite far physically, but it nearly broke me mentally), had one good job that I quit in order to become a caregiver to my mother (who is the reason I have issues with anxiety, depression, despair, self-hatred and my own masculinity), and I've been at the edge many times. I know how you feel, as do a good number of us here. Just know you're not alone, we're all here for you :)

Hello. I would say you have a blessing in disguise. The current job market is work from home specific. Try and get into an online opportunity if possible. A lot of people with difficulties make use of work from home opportunities.

I am not sure what your skills are. But the only thing you need is YouTube to learn things. We could learn Arabic in 2 months, French in 3 and so on.

Once you get enough money, you will see that people would be very interested in being friends with you.

Struggling with everything. I just feel like a complete failure & that I've no hope in the future.
wasnt all that long ago a couple years at least that i had the very same thing its really painful but it can also be a motivator if you twist it around and apply it just hang in there and take what youre feeling and apply it to something maybe write songs or even a short story

Has there been anything that has triggered these feelings at all? Perhaps something has happened (however small) and has made you feel this way? Hopefully there is someone you can speak to personally that will understand.

I think I've just been looking for something to look forward to & maybe push myself to do something. I went paddleboarding recently something I've talked about for years but couldn't get out of my head. Didn't enjoy it at all! Self conscious etc. As regards my non existing live life. Had a huge crush on a guy but recently found out he has a gf.
Suppose at the end of the day I'm kind of ashamed of myself... For been a Virgin & never even kissed anyone

I think I've just been looking for something to look forward to & maybe push myself to do something. I went paddleboarding recently something I've talked about for years but couldn't get out of my head. Didn't enjoy it at all! Self conscious etc. As regards my non existing live life. Had a huge crush on a guy but recently found out he has a gf.
Suppose at the end of the day I'm kind of ashamed of myself... For been a Virgin & never even kissed anyone
You don't ever need to be ashamed of that, I'm in exactly the same boat. It's hard to live with, it hurts to think about, but it's not a reflection on you, personally. It's something that will happen when it's meant to happen. It takes time and effort to get past the blockages that stop us from pursuing the things we want, but there's time to work on that. You can absolutely find someone and have a great partnership for life. Don't be in a rush to give yourself physically to someone just because you don't want to be a virgin, though, make sure you take the time to find the right person, let them know you want the real thing, not the one night fling. You'll get there!

I agree with what @PGen98 said. You have to give yourself time.

I could say I'm ashamed of myself too, as I got divorced earlier this year, but I've reaslised I have nothing to be ashamed of and neither do you.

I've kept working myself and tried to keep busy. Some days are still hard but I just try to keep going.

Are you able to talk to a therapist or your doctor about how you are feeling?

Sending hugs. xx

I do not see any problem with being a virgin. You are 32 and you still do not have a job, now that's a problem because not having a job means you do not have an income source. If you do not have an income source, you will have difficulty living. Try to get a job, if you have a job, you might find someone in your workplace to start a relationship.