• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do you see a counselor/therapist?

When the pandemic first hit back in March 2020 I did not adjust well to life with working from home, caring for my daughter, and home life with my husband. I did not handle the stress very well and I felt obligated to prove my worth at work for fear of losing my job. Speaking with a counselor brought to me clarity that I was unable to find by myself. My only regret is not getting help sooner. I haven't seen a therapist in a few months but it's something I do recommend to others particularly if they're going through hard times.

I do have a therapist. And he is making sure that I am doing better with the therapy. I have struggled a lot with both mind and also physically and the suggestions from the therapy has helped a lot. I think having people to talk to and getting things out of the head helps in the due process.

I have been to a counselor only once when I was a seventh-grader. I was always angry and my father, who was also suffering from some sort of mental disease, thought it was a medical condition and I needed professional help. Thankfully, I was announced fit and fine.

I do take health counselling especially when the illness I'm battling with is a strange one. I never went to a therapist because my illness never got worse than expected.