• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do you lose your temper

When you are angry, do you lose your temper? How often does this happen? I mean how often do you lose your temper?
I am battling with anger for a long time, when I am angry, I lose my temper. However, I have never been to a therapist. I have tried alternative healing methods like yoga, meditation, and massage to manage my temper.

I personally don't often lose my temper. Anger is not an emotion that sits well with me. I tend to just become anxious or upset rather than angry.

I do occasionally get angry, but it takes a lot for me to feel like that.

Have any of the healing methods helped you @Nomad ?

Meditation has really helped me to manage my anger. If I manage to meditate every time I am angry and start losing my temper, I can channel my emotions. However, it is difficult to concentrate when you are dealing with strong emotions.

When you are angry, do you lose your temper? How often does this happen? I mean how often do you lose your temper?
I am battling with anger for a long time, when I am angry, I lose my temper. However, I have never been to a therapist. I have tried alternative healing methods like yoga, meditation, and massage to manage my temper.
At times I do and at times I don't. But to ease it, I do some of the things I enjoy the most.

Based on my own experience, I can say if you take something too personally or if you are deeply engaged with something, you might lose your temper. For example, when someone messes up with my laptop I lose my temper.

I rarely lose my temper.

My husband, on the other hand, sometimes cannot control his temper. Some of the reasons why his temper will become worse is because of his asthma and when he can't breathe well, it frustrates him and he acts out.

When we were in our 20s and early 30s, he was taking Claritin as prescribed by his doctor and it made him super aggressive. We didn't connect the temper to the Claritin until our daughter started taking it and began acting in the same manner, which didn't fit her character.

Did he try alternative therapy? I saw how painful asthma can be when I was a kid. My grandmother had severe asthma, something she even vomited blood. Losing a temper over asthma is perfectly understandable. Is he still battling with the condition?

Did he try alternative therapy? I saw how painful asthma can be when I was a kid. My grandmother had severe asthma, something she even vomited blood. Losing a temper over asthma is perfectly understandable. Is he still battling with the condition?

We moved to a different state in the US 8 years ago and his asthma rarely acts up! We used to live near Chicago where there was heavy pollution and now we live in the country and the air is much cleaner. I haven't had to take my husband to the ER since we moved away for any breathing treatments so I'm really happy that something good came out of the move.

I have also noticed how dust, pollution, and smoke worsen your conditions when you are battling Asthma. It is better to live in a small town or even the countryside compared to cities, but we are under the compulsion to live in the cities because of employment. I recently moved to a new city and the pollution here is terrible.

I have what the professionals refer to as "frequent explosive episodes". My therapist has been trying to help me learn new coping skills.