• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Brian shares his Anxiety story

I have been watching Brian Barczyk's YouTube channel lately. He is a breeder and enthusiast who runs a zoo showcasing all kind of reptiles. I don't have a big interest in reptiles, but like Steve Irwin and Coyote Peterson, his enthusiasm and fun personality drew me to his videos. He is always so positive and upbeat it's infectious. He seems to be a truly kindhearted man who loves and respects people and animals, not even discriminating against some of the most dangerous reptiles that give some the heebie-jeebies.

It came as a real surprise to me recently, and I'm sure to many of his viewers, that he suffers bouts of debilitating anxiety. I guess this is a life lesson we could all stand to learn that you really can't judge a book by its cover. People look up to him because he always seems to be so together and happy. He often says how much he loves his wife and family and considers himself to be blessed to work in a field that he's passionate about. But things are not all as rosy as they seem and he shares that with his viewers in the episode I posted below.

I have great respect and admiration for people who must find ways to endure and overcome the challenges their particular afflictions cause them. People truly can't appreciate just how much inner strength it takes for people battling mental illness to sometimes do even the simple, mundane things that come so easy to them. Especially since some are masters at hiding what they're going through.

I love this man, he's an inspiration and I pray for him to get through his anxiety. If you don't want to see his reptiles, you can advance the video to 7:41 and hear what he has to share. It comes from his heart. Even though he's confessing that he's in a very low point emotionally, he still wants to help others who also need encouragement.

Anxiety bringing you down? In spite of a lifelong issue with anxiety, this man has achieved great things and has brought a message of hope and positivity to thousands of people. He recorded this when he hit a low point. Check out a message from Brian Barczyk. Advance video to 7:41.