• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Anxiety Attacks at Night

According to a study, 10-30 percent of Americans have sleeping problems due to Anxiety. The anxious thoughts at night stop people from getting sleep. Psychologists have suggested a couple of things in order to deal with nighttime anxiety, such as:
Recording thoughts on a diary
Cognitive behavioral therapy.
Watching TV, etc.

I have had anxiety at night based on how I am thinking. So the thinking pattern, time of the day and also how regular we have to think of those thoughts. Those type of the things lead to the anxiety attacks most of the time. I have realized that some of the time such attacks come before getting to sleep.

I think that could be why a lot of people with anxiety take sleeping pills. It helps them fall asleep instead of dwelling on things that cause them great anxiety.

Does white noise help get the mind off things enough to relax, do you think?

If you overthink, you will have sleeping problems. In order to sleep well, you need to clear your head. Deep breathing can really help to get you to sleep fast and sleep deep.

I am someone who suffers from anxiety and I have had many sleepless nights due to overthinking or trying to work things out when I know there is no way I can work them out. It often leads me to feel exhausted and just not myself after losing sleep the night before. I feel when it's quiet that is when intrusive thoughts start and with that comes sleep loss with the worry.

I have been having anxiety at night lately and I have had a hard time falling asleep and waking up in the middle of the night. I have been talking to my wife to try and get through it.

I too suffer with nighttime anxiety :( it comes and goes in phases but has been particularly bad lately.
I'm sorry Lee, it sucks for sure. I have been so tired during the day that I have been just passing out because I can't sleep at night.