Eagleheart

Kind Member
Reaction score
Today's been crap. I was anxious from the moment I woke up but by far the worst thing has been the anger I've felt. I've been very short tempered and snappy and my poor husband has made me feel furious so many times. He's really irritating me. I really think I could actually punch him. It's completely out of character for me. I'm the least angry person I know usually. But it's constantly bubbling away in my chest. My heart is pounding. I don't like feeling like this at all.

Catsmother

Confident Member
Reaction score
Eagleheart post_id=2132 time=1597176657 user_id=52 said:
Today's been crap. I was anxious from the moment I woke up but by far the worst thing has been the anger I've felt. I've been very short tempered and snappy and my poor husband has made me feel furious so many times. He's really irritating me. I really think I could actually punch him. It's completely out of character for me. I'm the least angry person I know usually. But it's constantly bubbling away in my chest. My heart is pounding. I don't like feeling like this at all.

Do you know why you feel so much anger towards your husband? Do you think that it could be a side affect to your new medication?

Eagleheart

Kind Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.
I don't think my anger is a result of medication. I occasionally get fits of it but recently, it's been very bad. I know that it's one of the recognised parts of BPD and I assume that's what it is.
It could also be due to severe exhaustion. I'm having a period of bad insomnia atm and I'm permanently shattered.
Actually, today I am not feeling quite so bad tempered so maybe it's already passing.

Catsmother

Confident Member
Reaction score
Eagleheart post_id=2622 time=1597323584 user_id=52 said:
Thanks for your replies.
I don't think my anger is a result of medication. I occasionally get fits of it but recently, it's been very bad. I know that it's one of the recognised parts of BPD and I assume that's what it is.
It could also be due to severe exhaustion. I'm having a period of bad insomnia atm and I'm permanently shattered.
Actually, today I am not feeling quite so bad tempered so maybe it's already passing.

Glad that you're feeling a little better [mention]Eagleheart[/mention]

ZandraJoi

Kind Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it can be our hormones or even a food intolerance that can cause mental issues. Just something people can look into. If people don't believe me on the food, think of how you may act if you have (or don't have lol) caffeine. Or if you get hyper with sugar.
Now that you are feeling better, try to have a game plan of what to do the next time. Maybe have a safe word for your husband so that when you say it, he'll know you are not doing the best & to either help talk you down or leave the room/ house.

stluee

Kind Member
Reaction score
I agree with zandrajoi- Hormones. I don't know your age but, if your going through the change, maybe that could be it? Hang in there . When you start feeling angry, maybe take a walk? I hope things get better for you.

Catsmother

Confident Member
Reaction score
ZandraJoi post_id=2667 time=1597329481 user_id=53 said:
Sometimes it can be our hormones or even a food intolerance that can cause mental issues. Just something people can look into. If people don't believe me on the food, think of how you may act if you have (or don't have lol) caffeine. Or if you get hyper with sugar.
Now that you are feeling better, try to have a game plan of what to do the next time. Maybe have a safe word for your husband so that when you say it, he'll know you are not doing the best & to either help talk you down or leave the room/ house.

I agree with this.

I remember before I was diagnosed with Underactive thyroid I was so snappy and was angry at everything.

Pitszal

Kind Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies.

Yes you are right exhaustion & insomnia can absolutely make you feel that way. Hopefully it has passed for you. :)

Top Bottom