• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

A road incident thing today

Am I reading too much into something that happened when i was heading to work?

I think this was a dangerous thing to do but please feel free to tell me if i'm wrong?

A highway maintenance vehicle was pulled up in a layby thing on the road going to work (the road is a 70 mph limit road)

they had a flashing sign thing on the back of their vehicle which i was trying to read (cause it might of been something traffic related)

but it wasnt, it was a company asking a employee not to leave their company, stay in the job not leave

Am I wrong to think that thats dangerous? Cause getting distractions at 70mph that are not essential (like if highway maintenance had been saying "accident up ahead" or something else road related, that would be okay cause its essential to know)

but using the sign to ask a employee not to leave - am i wrong in thinking that thats not road related essential?

cause if someone gets distracted by it when they are driving at 70 miles a hour and they then crash cause of the distraction, car driver would get the blame even though there was a non essential distraction that they was trying to read from a highway maintenance van thing?

If I saw that sign it would make me smile, I wouldn't get hung up about it. It's not that distracting plus drivers should be able to look at signs without causing a major pile up.

Yeah, I don't think there was anything particularly malicious about it. It's not ideal, for sure, and not great use of roadside equipment, but it's meant in good faith/fun.

That makes me think of all the billboards in our nearby city that flash and change and can be very distracting. Law enforcement is making such a fuss (deservedly so) over being distracted by cell phones, but it seems like every year there is something new that can be just as distracting.

I wouldn't read too much into it because if nothing happened then everything is okay. Obviously it can be dangerous, but as long as no one got into any trouble then I'd forget about it.

Yeah sometimes getting distracted is really bad especially while driving. That's why I hate driving so much because you never know what distrarction would cause something dangerous on the road.

I have been into a road accident twice, I was once hit by a motorbike, and once the bus I was in fell off the road two meters down. Thankfully, nothing happened to me, not even a scratch, however, the experience still traumatize me. I still hear people screaming when the bus fell off the road.