- 1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 large onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 leeks, washed, trimmed and roughly chopped
- 900g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 30g unsalted butter
- 1 litre vegetable stock, made with 2 stock cubes
- 8 unsmoked streaky bacon rashers
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion, leeks, potatoes and butter. Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the potato is soft. Meanwhile, grill the bacon until crispy, then chop into strips.
- Once the soup is ready, remove some of the potato chunks, cool slightly and chop into small cubes. Set aside.
- Blend the soup in a food processor until almost smooth, then divide between bowls. Top with the potato chunks, bacon strips and parsley. Season and serve drizzled with the olive oil.